Get A Gold Bug Pro But Even Better - Fisher F19 On Sale

2 hours ago, Wayfarer said:

Wouldn't a single frequency detector be optimized for that frequency, especially the coil, where the multi freq detector would be a compromise and probably not inherently run as well when set in single freq mode?  

And wouldn’t a 40 kHz option make that all moot?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

And wouldn’t a 40 kHz option make that all moot?

Hopefully!  Since I have an Equinox on preorder, I'm going to find out and would love it if that were the case.

I was specifically thinking of the 19 kHz GBP to 20 kHz EQ comparison when I made that post.  The GBP was better for me than the GB2 hunting small gold jewelry anyway.  The mid frequency was more stable, handled mineralization better, and got better depth than the GB2.  Likewise, I'm assuming the 20 will be better than the 40 on the EQ for all except hunting the tiniest pieces.  If the EQ can use 40 and still have the stability and depth of a mid frequency machine, that would be awesome. 

• Like 2

Borrowed one from Gene Scullion back when he was a detector dealer and found one of the nicest gold rings ever with the Gold Bug Pro DP.  Lightning fast recovery in the trash.  Thanks again to Gene

22 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

(F19's) Extra features include:

I know of one more.  The Gold Bug Pro has the V-break (where low tones and high tones separate on the target-ID scale) locked to the discrimation setting point.  For example, if you want to set your V-break to hit a low tone on the smallest aluminum pieces you can set it at 45.  (Iron is 0--> 40 and US nickels are at 58 so you're still well clear of that and its clones.)  But this forces the discriminator to be set at 10 (25% of the way into iron).    Thus low tones have a 35 wide gap (10-->45).Also the movement is 2::1.  Set the V-break at 50 and the discriminator goes to 20 tightening low tones to a 30 wide gap (20-->50).

For someone like me who still wants to hear everything in the iron range (0-->40), I have to either give up some iron or be forced to hear small aluminum foil as high tones.  The F19 (and G2+, I think) have independent discrimination setting and V-break setting.  That's a nice plus compared to the GB Pro and G2, IMO.

Not to argue that these $449 prices aren't a great deal, but I wish Fisher would add multi-tones and the ability to select the tone for each notch.  Their F44 has exactly those features at an even lower price than the F19/G2+ sale price (but at 7.68 kHz, not 19 kHz).

(And before you go saying "well, then why don't you just buy an F44?" I'll add "I'm seriously considering it!"  :biggrin:)

• Like 1

The F44 has a special too.  Free 4" coil, hat, pouch.  Being an original omega 8000 user I've never been too pleased with the 8500 and newer F series on the same platform.  They lost that mojo that the f5/o8/g2/f19 had.  I would love an Omega 8000 and G2+ combined in one machine WITHOUT changing their performance/response.  Heck make it waterproof and sell it $699 MAP.  Seems to be the market trend now.  

• Like 1