tboykin

TDI SL Vs TDI Pro* Air Test But Still Interesting

Oh yes Chuck, I'm buying into that big time...Not.

Mike

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Tony
      Seriously....🙄
      https://www.metaldetector.com/whites-tdi-beachhunter-extreme-pulse-waterproof-metal-detector

• By auminesweeper
      Here ya go, They have made it,
      https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/tdi-beachhunter/

White's TDI BeachHunter Specifications
      Operating mode. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Pulse Induction
      Pulse Frequency . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.6kHz - 3kHz
      Pulse Delay. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10μs - 25μs
      Search modes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PI, Ground balanced PI
      Ground balance. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Differential delay
      Audio tones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hi/Lo
      Audio output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hard-wired headphones
      Search coil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12” Dual Field (aftermarket coils available)
      Weight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 lbs (with 12” DF coil)
      Length. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .43 - 48 inches, adjustable
      Batteries. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (8) AA, NiMH & alkaline
      Battery life . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-6 hours typical2
      Warranty. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 years, transferrable
      Waterproof. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25ft/7.5m
      White's TDI BeachHunter Owner's Manual
    • By Steve Herschbach
      ATX, TDI, GPX. What is it with detector companies and three letter acronyms? I liked it more when they were called Coinmaster or Goldmaster. At least that gave you a clue about what the detector was supposed to do.

The three detectors representing the state of the art in ground balancing pulse induction (GBPI) metal detectors. The Garrett ATX, White's TDI, and Minelab GPX 5000. You rarely see them all pictured together so I thought I would post one.

Garrett ATX, White's TDI, Minelab GPX 5000
      These three detectors are all very good at what they are basically made for, which is dealing with ground mineralization and hot rocks that make using VLF detectors very difficult. In particular VLF performance is severely impeded in extremely mineralized ground. In low mineral ground a good VLF prospecting detector running in all metal mode can deliver results rivaling PI detectors with the added benefit of having good discrimination options. Anybody doing much prospecting, however, will eventually run into locations where ground mineralization and hot rocks makes using a VLF such a challenge that a good ground balancing pulse induction detector is the only real option.
      The GPX 5000 represents the current state of the art, and is the easy option if money is no object. It is well designed for long hours of prospecting, has an incredible variety of optional coils, and can handle most any ground conditions with many tuning options.
      The Garrett ATX provides performance that comes close to the GPX at a much lower price, with the added benefit of being waterproof to ten feet. Actually, this is only a benefit if you need it. Otherwise it makes the detector heavier than need be and limits the available coil options. Still, if the GPX is not an option the ATX would be my next choice in a new detector with a warranty. For those needed waterproof it is the only real option along with its predecessor, the Garrett Infinium.
      The White's TDI is an older design but still very capable. It costs less than the other two options, and unlike the Garrett it has light weight versions and models that can be hip or chest mounted. It is a good option to explore for those on a budget or needing the most ergonomic solution. The TDI is also a very respected beach detector, like the ATX above, but it has no waterproof option.

• By Steve Herschbach
      Here is the blurb from the White’s website:
      The TDI SL Metal Detector has pulse induction power that provides unbeatable depth and sensitivity in its price range. And now the deal is even better.
      More than a new paint job, this Special Edition features key changes to the TDI platform aimed at serious prospectors. First and foremost, this detector ships with an 8 x 12″ Miner John Designs Folded Mono search coil. This choice was made to give gold prospectors better depth on large nuggets, but also increased sensitivity to small specimen gold that other pulse machines might miss. We also swapped the intermediate and lower shafts to create a streamlined “straight shaft” configuration preferred by gold hunters. Finally, to top it all off we revamped the control box with a desert tan paint scheme ideal for hot environments.
      This package is offered for a limited time and at a discounted price. And best of all the detector and coil are Made in America.
      The rechargeable NIMH battery lasts up to 6 hours, and a backup AA battery back will power all-day exploration. At a weight of only 3.3 lbs, and rugged metal construction, this Special Edition TDI SL is ready for serious prospecting. Are you?
      If you already have the TDI and just want to buy this awesome coil, please visit Miner John’s website.
      Download Product Manual
      SKU: 800-0332-MJD MSRP $1099.95

White's TDI SL Special Edition metal detector for gold prospecting

White's TDI SL Special Edition studip photo

White's TDI SL Special Edition close up of controls

White's TDI SL Special Edition close up of Miner John Folded Mono Coil
    • By Mark Gillespie
      Wish list is one that will ignore nails and still hit on the deep silver.
      I tried the same gold experiment (gold ring with nails on top) with my TDI and it will detect a gold ring surrounded by nails.

Manta iron and nails

[www.youtube.com]

TDI iron and nails

• By Rod K
      I took my Whites TDI SL with both the stock 7.5" dual field coil and the 8"x6" NUgget Finder coil, as well as my Minelab GM 1000 out and tried them on some small 1.7 grain and 7.4 grain pieces of lead i use for testing. The minelab found both easily and at over 2" on the small one. The Whites wouldn't pick up either one with either coil. I am liking the Monster more and more. But was wondering? Should the Whites do better than it did?