Have been reading about the Italian Company CEIA , supplier of many styles of detection , ground , food etc .

Their  more basic models : i.e. MIL D1 and CMD are obviously for mine detection .

My question is how would they perform as civilian detectors on coins and relics and gold nuggets .

Most probably a complete nieve question , that just hi lights my limited knowledge .

Cheers

goldrat

They might work for some civilian applications but in general detectors are best used to do what they are designed to do. I have never heard of anyone on any of the forums using these so finding first hand information may be difficult. The Findmall Technology Forum and the Geotech Forums might be places to start.

This report compares various mine detectors including a couple by CEIA.

http://www.ceia.net/groundsearch/index.aspx

44107594-0C3B-426C-BD2F-4327BC4CE68B.jpeg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By kac
      Looks like Kellyco is selling a new beginner machine. Anyone ever hear of them?
      https://strikerdetector.com/
    • By xawi29
      Pic 1 Hair Thin Silver Unit From 12/13 Century. P
      Pic2  Lead Axe, 3 Silver Coins Oldest From 13 Century And Found Of A Day Silver Angular Brosh (but No Pin...)

• By KevinOntheCape
      So after hunting at a Park my friend Greg and I went to a beach, first time with the Alter. Right away I was baffled by the amount of chatter. Changing freqs made minimal difference and I did find a couple of items at 4". The beach was fine sand with a very rock water line- low tide, loaded with iron trash. I realized the sensitivity was at 75, after lowering to 50 the chatter was mostly gone. I am looking for tips for beach settings from you experienced folks.
    • By Cody
      Finding hidden or lost items is my favorite hobby during free-time. I use bounty hunter for detecting. Last week, when I was cleaning the basement, I found a mining instrument, an overhauser magnetometer. My brother might have left it there. He is an Archaeologist. When I read about it, I understood that, it can be used for detecting gold mineral. Does anyone here heard of finding treasures of stuffs with a magnetometer?  
    • By George1971
      Hello everybody, does anyone have information about this brand (Deteknix) and his metal detectors (Quest)? Has anyone test it and are there any opinions about the detectors? It is not at Steve’s data base. Thanks.

• By Redneck
      How is it working out for you?  U hunt relics or coins?  Your thoughts appreciated!