jrbeatty

The Reg Wilson Gold Album

JR

Thank you for the posting.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

Mitchel: Thank you for the topic offer and your encouragement for the idea of reposting the album here on Steves forum. I'll post more soon!

Well done fellas some fantastic gold there and we all like to see those pictures. :smile:

cheers dave

• Thanks 1

Thanks Dave and Paul.

I'm just basking in reflected glory here. Reg's lovely wife Jannine did all the slow tedious image scanning and Reg is a self confessed computer image upload agrophobe, hence my role.

Ian with 20oz specimen, Moliagul:

2ahywib.jpg.adeba29c4f7094e58c9daa5901e27c7a.jpg

Blue quartz specimens, northeast of Wedderburn. Weight forgotten. On a personal note, of all Reg's gold, these lovely specimen pieces are easily my favourites. This image copy has almost lost the beautiful blue colour.   cyclops

im8eaa.jpg.170330a604e481a218ab0d5cf9270c9c.jpg

30 ozs Havelock and Maryborough:

s6528h.jpg.0bdd8db75b47b244a80fac946f85e966.jpg

John H S and Ian Jacques: Stinking hot summer day. Prototype SD and battery backpack on ground

bvi1k.jpg.e930d93b906afc42b6eaf4073fbc9a16.jpg

"Beagle Boys" Ian, John and Reg (with SD prototypes) keeping out.  Very Happy

4iifm9.jpg.5a571836514343f511b9259e5d00492d.jpg

35 ounces from Kingower:

fdfuom.jpg.56a4262ee61f06cbff5df71193bf2349.jpg

the late Timmy Raven with a 60 oz piece from "Ravens Patch" Longbush:

2zpsgna.jpg.920b0658076d68dfd51cc12125dbfb6b.jpg

8 oz and 5 oz "Ravens patch" longbush:

14xnsdu.jpg.ab38e25e8c4bd61b362cb8869ffab44a.jpg

Reg, foxy Digby and detecting partner Murray Cox. Mid 80's (photo: Sun Herald)

2qapjib.jpg.75166ce53fb867a0afce249f2087b1c9.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

JR

The big coils from an earlier time, the old Datsuns you might even say a generation ago but some of you are still out there finding the big chunks.  When do you think Reg first started finding gold?  Who was his mentor?

When did you find your first nugget?

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

Just outstanding posts

• Like 1

Very nice to see JR. Thanks again for the effort in putting up this post, the pics & the info. I know it isn't the first time you have done it. Glory days they were indeed. What memories.....

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks JR for the pics and your words in the other thread regarding my triumph over cancer. And speaking of triumph it was that photo of Reg with that nugget in the GG & T magazine that inspired me with my 1st detector the GT16000 which if I am correct was the same detector that located that particular nugget. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      They're releasing some new land that should have some gold!
      https://www.australianmining.com.au/news/victoria-braces-for-another-gold-rush-with-land-release/
    • By phrunt
      I stumbled across this video on Youtube, I'm not sure if it's real, it seems unrealistic, far too much gold and huge bits....  The killer is the 90 gram.

• By mn90403
      The SS Central America had lots of coins and lots of treasure to say the least.  We has a presentation (with coins and gold nuggets) at a PCSC meeting in Downey, California last year.  The author said this book was coming.
      I don't see much of a preview online but it may be a reference book that will show up in your local library!
      https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/new-reference-details-gold-silver-recovered-in-2014-from-ss-central-america
    • By phrunt
      https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/archaeology/ultrarare-diamond-with-another-diamond-inside-found-in-siberia/news-story/fc36004d80fd986200447dffab326b4f
      Miners have unearthed an ultra-rare diamond with a second diamond inside it.
      The inner gem is loose inside the first diamond, moving around freely — and could be the first example of such a diamond ever found in the world.
      This rare gem is believed to have formed around 800 million years ago.
      It was dug up by Russian diamond miners Alrosa at the Nyurba mine in Siberia.
      Scientists then used X-rays and other scanning techniques to confirm the presence of a second diamond inside the first. A diamond within a diamond has wowed the world.Source:Supplied
      “Based on the results of the study, the scientists made a hypothesis about how the crystal was formed,” Alrosa said.
      “According to them, there was an internal diamond at first, and the external one was formed during the subsequent stages of growth.”
      The gem has been dubbed the Matryoshka diamond after the Russian nesting dolls of the same name.
      The outer stone weighs 0.62 carats, while the inner gem weighs 0.02 carats.
      “As far as we know, there has been no such diamond in the history of global diamond mining,” said Oleg Kovalchuk, of Alrosa.
      “This is really a unique creation of nature, especially since nature abhors a vacuum.
      An X-ray view of the diamond inside another diamond.Source:Supplied
      “Usually, in a case like this, the minerals would be replaced by others without forming a cavity.”
      He added: “The most interesting thing for us was to find out how the air space between the inner and outer diamonds was formed,” said Oleg Kovalchuk, of Alrosa.
      The diamond will now be sent to the Gemological Institute of America for further analysis. Researchers haven’t estimated its worth yet — it will be difficult due to the gem’s rarity, they say.
      However, they do have one theory as to how it formed.
      “A layer of porous polycrystalline diamond substance was formed inside the diamond because of ultra-fast growth,” Alrosa scientists explain.
      “And more aggressive mantle processes subsequently dissolved it.
      “Due to the presence of the dissolved layer, one diamond began to move freely inside another — just like a Matryoshka nesting doll.”
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=277106
    • By phrunt
      Australian Coin Hunters in the future are in for some quite amusing finds, see the new range of $1 coins about to hit the streets
      See the story and full collection here, a new Aussie themed coin for every letter of the alphabet.
      https://www.news.com.au/finance/money/australian-mint-and-australia-post-release-coins-to-celebrate-meat-pies-weetbix-esky/news-story/ccb2bfa5b305746d4e20186aa62b6f92
      Pretty cool idea, I'd like one of each

A whole new and more valuable collectable craze is about to sweep across Australia with the announcement of the Great Aussie Coin Hunt.
      Australia Post and the Royal Aus­tralian Mint will release millions of $1 coins from today featuring classic Australian themes such as the Hills hoist, a quokka and an Esky.
      There will be a different design for each letter of the alphabet with the first six available now.
      A will feature Australia Post, F for footy, I for Iced VoVo, M for meat pie, S for surf life saving and X for the tiny township of Xantippe.
      Bless!Source:Supplied
      A few Philip Seymour Frothmans one ice.Source:Supplied
      New coins will then be released every Monday until October 21, culminating in Z for the summer staple Zooper Dooper.
      But there’s a catch.
      The only way to get your hands on the iconic coins will be to make a purchase at an Australia Post store and receive the limited edition $1 coins in the change.
      The humble meat pie.Source:Supplied
      “We want everyone to get involved,” Australia Post consumer and community executive general manager Nicole Sheffield said.
      “Not only will it be really exciting to hunt for all the coins and build an amazing collection, but each and every coin opens up the opportunity for wonderful conversations about quintessential Australian life.
      “It’s a great way for grandparents to connect with grandchildren, and for all of us to share our own experiences and memories with each other — both here and with friends and family overseas.”
      The summer staple.Source:Supplied
      What’s more Aussie than swinging from the Hills hoist? Picture: David CairdSource:News Corp Australia
      Summer goodness.Source:Supplied
      Name another country where a clothes line is iconic …Source:Supplied
      Australia’s unique culture will be displayed on the $1 coins from favourite foods, the boomerang and didgeridoo, sports footy and cricket, and, of course, the television classic Neighbours.
      Native wildlife favourites the kangaroo, platypus and even the quokka will have their own special coin.
      The coins will be released from Monday. Picture: Daniel Pockett/Getty ImagesSource:Supplied
      Unfortunately no Hemsworths will feature but the quokka certainly is. Picture: InstagramSource:Instagram
      The massive campaign is the biggest minting and release of $1 coins since they were created in 1984.
      “We are excited that The Great Aussie Coin Hunt has now officially launched, giving families and all Australians the opportunity to participate in a fun and educational nationwide coin hunt,” assistant treasurer Michael Sukkar said.
      Australia Post to jillaroo.Source:Supplied
      From kangaroo to thongs.Source:Supplied
      Ute through to the icy goodness.Source:Supplied