The New Coils For The 2300

phoenix

1 hour ago, Giddiup said:

wonder if coils options will increase the cost of an sdc

I doubt it mate. The 2300 came out over 3 years ago and I think it`s dropped in price 500 bucks since I bought mine.

If aftermarket coils would void warranty we probably wouldn't use them on our GPX's so I doubt its an issue.Ismael was experimenting with an adapter plug for our standard mono coils but I suspect that the new coils for the SDC need to be specifically matched inductance wise for the 2300 hence the prototype.If I see Paul around I'll ask him about the video.

• Like 1

The GPX does not require you to disassemble a detector not meant to be disassembled to use another coil. It is not the use of another coil, but the disassembly and modification of the detector that is likely to void the warranty. I don’t know this to be a fact however and it is simply a question to be asked when and if an accessory coil is ever available for the SDC 2300.

• Like 1

Guest Jennifer

How many of you are willing to not only void your warranty to install this new coil but also ruin the integrity of the water seal. Not me and I would never buy one that had had it done.. no way Jose.... Minelab should nip this in the bud by refusing to not only do warranty work on any mods like this (of course) but flat out refuse to work on any SDC even out of warranty that this has been done to..... Let me guess, does the guy's name selling this start with a W and rhyme with hoody? :rolleyes:

Everything is just speculation at this point. If it is Nugget Finder building the coils then Minelab may approve of it. If not and warranties are made void that would certainly hurt sales. I do not think you have to mess with the waterproof integrity of the main control box to do a coil swap. It is also not trivial so this will be an open question until real information is available.

I would prefer feuds fostered on other forums be left on those forums. They have no place here.

• Like 4

Guest Jennifer
7 hours ago, kiwijw said:

Now now Jennifer, just you behave yourself or you will have to go to the naughty corner. :biggrin: My SDC's warranty is up any way & I wouldn't mind a smaller coil for it. Especially a 10x5 :wub: I would much prefer a smaller coil for the Zed though .

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

I like the naughty corner, it's more fun there. :smile:

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:06 AM, kiwijw said:

Oh goody....a 10x5 coil. Sweet.:wub: Where do I stand in line? Just need a smaller coil for the Zed now.

JW :smile:

The 2300 IS the smaller coil for the Zed....   :wink:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1