Jupiter Visible at Dawn - the Minelab GPZ 7000

Did my "Dawn Patrol" of Forums just now and this popped up.

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t20225-no-new-gold-detector-from-minelab-any-time-soon

The page that they linked to seems to be on-again-off-again, but I got this screenshot of most of it. My screenshot didn't get the whole page, so I have copied a pic of the rest from the Aus. Site here.

A couple of interesting things. No discrimination and not waterproof, even though it looks like the CTX.

UPDATE EDIT - It looks like putting that info on the comparison page as a machine you could run a comparison on was an error on ML's part. It has now been removed. Oh well.

IMPORTANT NOTE FROM STEVE HERSCHBACH - This is an unusual situation. In case you have not figured it out, Minelab has a new flagship detector in the works. A mistake was made that put the specs up live on the Minelab website, where screenshots were captured and posted online, including here. Minelab has requested that the information be deleted as it is not vetted for public release at this time, and out of respect for their wishes I have complied with this request. However, the deletion of the screenshot and spec list from the other website is as far as this editing goes. Those that have seen the information may feel free to continue to post about it or speculate on it. You saw what you saw and I am not going to play whack-a-mole or do anything else by way of dealing with the information leak. My sincere apologies to Rick Kempf for modifying the post as I do really appreciate seeing it! However, it does appear to have been an honest mistake by somebody and I have no wish to cause them any grief beyond whatever they are already suffering.

Finally. I sold my GPX 5000 two years ago thinking the new machine might be coming out, and then bought another new one when that did not happen. Looks like my GPX 5000 is going up for sale - again.

Since today is not a holiday in Australia I imagine a webmaster is on the hot seat someplace. Or maybe an attempt at viral marketing? You never know these days.

That's kind of funny. A couple months after the SDC 2300 was out and available from dealers, I did something on the ML website and their pull down list of ML detectors did not have the SDC on it, even thought it was fully available and many folks had them. I sent in an email to let them know. Now this occurs with a detector not yet available for purchase anywhere, it's already on the list.

I guess that means it will be available soon.

Gotta love technology. USB port for firmware upgrades, sharing settings, fine tuning, etc. etc. Guess I'll be saving my pennies for this one. Judging from the specs, looks to be the holy grail of gold detectors! 

I am fine with Steve's decision to take the Minelab info down. When I posted it, it was still UP on Minelab's jsite and therefore publicly available from them. It is now clear that that it was an error by someone on their team that led to the premature release of what may well be other than final details of a product - the existence of which they themselves have publicly disclosed in their Annual General Meeting.