New Coiltek 22d Goldstalker 22” Round DD Coil

On 10/7/2018 at 9:34 AM, Jin said:

Any thoughts on this coil re gold hunting? Been out for a while. Is it flat wound? Don't really see anyone mention using one. I liked my 24" dd but it was heavy. Picked up the 22" dd and noticed it was so much lighter. Would like to buy another dd but unsure what to get. Also looking at the commander 18" dd or anything else anyone may recommend.

Thought I’d respond to an oldish thread……

The Coiltek Goldstalker 22” DD is bundle wound which helps keep it at a relatively light 1100 grams. Compare this to the smaller but heavier Minelab Commander 18” DD which is around the 1350 grams….ouch.

I have recently started some lower beach detecting with my SD2100 and 18” Kevlar Mono coil…..the results have been staggering with some seriously deep old gold rings and “other” stuff. 

The big monos can suffer from EMI so I am looking at a getting a big DD coil.

Anyone care to guess if the big Goldstalker can sniff out the deep stuff and block EMI…….I’m guessing it might be an okay combination. I’d love to get the 18” mono performance without the EMI problems .

Thanks Tony 

PS…Tried the Detech Ultimate DD but being spiral wound made the SD a bit too chatty.

• Like 1