Northeast's GPZ Gold Album

31 minutes ago, jrbeatty said:

Northeast: I recommend all three ☺️ 

I'm not sure if that helps me or confuses me more  ?

I am seriously leaning towards a QED - mainly for the price point and weight rather than any advantage I think it has over a GPX. 

And 3 coils - a Sadie, an 11 inch something and a big, light search coil.  As you can tell I have not progressed in research much yet  ?

The only other that might come into play is the Nugget Finder 15" Evo.  I have a mate that has one of these that is killing it with a GPX 5000 on various size pieces.  Very small up to about 6 grams and I'm sure bigger pieces if he ends up going over one.  I have loosely been over ground that he has with the GPZ and found nothing.   Just depends how the Evo runs on the QED.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Northeast said:

I'm not sure if that helps me or confuses me more  ?

I am seriously leaning towards a QED - mainly for the price point and weight rather than any advantage I think it has over a GPX. 

Sorry to confuse! As my description states, I mainly use the QED over the GPX and that's because of the weight advantage.

Performance wise I find they are very similar. If working deep Ironstone ground the multi frequency GPX may have better penetration and that's why I retain it as a backup, but if I didn't own one I wouldn't bother buying one solely for this purpose. The ground I mainly work is not of this nature so, for me, the QED is the everyday grunt machine. 

Both my GPX and QED are powered by onboard lithium cells and my cordless audio setup is the Sennheiser RS160. These have excellent gain and boosters are not required with either machine. If you want to use speakers then this is no help.

The coil I use on both machines is a rather battered and much abused 14" Elite, but I also have an 18" Elite if I suspect the ground is deep.

• Like 2

Great info JR - I appreciate it. 

And yes, if I end up with a QED the final set-up of wireless transmitter, wireless receiver, possible booster and then speaker will be interesting.

Thanks  ?

• Like 1