Warranty What’s It’s Value To You ?

I know over the years I’ve had to send a detector back for repair. One was back to White’s and the other to Minelab. I’ve had others in the past but both was in the last year.

On a lot of electronics the warranty is for a year. That is not the case on that detector you have. I’d say most of the time the detector company will pay to ship it both ways.

I don’t care if you paid 200 or 7000 that warranty has great value to you.

I’d like to hear your story how that warranty saved your bacon.

Chuck

Touch wood, only used MD detector warranty once on a GM2, 20 odd years back, however have had a few claims on coils. Considering the rough treatment they receive and the environment they work in I consider MD manufacturers are pretty spot on with their gear. 

I bought a 2300 used with just over a year and a half of warranty left.  I used it for a year and was starting to have problems with the knuckle being loose.  I couldn't tighten it much more without feeling like something was going to break.  I called up Minelab and they said send it in.  Cost me $50 with insurance.  A week later I got a brand new 2300.  No complaints about having to pay the shipping back to them.  Thank you Minelab!!

I've also had a couple coils now, one from White's and one from Makro.  Both with cable issues and each less than a year old.  Both replaced with new ones.  The White's I had to pay to send it in which I didn't mind since I bought it used.  The Makro, which I also bought used...  I just contacted them and was able to prove what the problem was and I got another about a week later.  The one with the problem still works as long as I don't flex the cable in a certain spot, so it's a 'back-up' in case something happens with the new one.  Thank you White's and Makro!!

Thank you Steve Herschbach for providing a great classifieds forum where I have saved a lot of money buying from reputable members.

:biggrin:

Luke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My Tesoro's a Silver Saber Plus , Tiger Shark and a Tejon,  have all been back for repairs with shipping one way. I can not say enough about the Tesoro lifetime warranty I have had the Silver Saber Plus  for over 30 years and still use it with the clean sweep coil for clad hunting. Wish I could find a clean sweep for the tejon . I had to send my Pro Pointer back for repairs and could not find the receipt I had to take their word it was out of warrant cost $50. All receipts now stay with the box they came in and go in to storage.

Stick.

You that spoke about trouble with coils have been saved by the warranty. I myself for all the years I’ve been detecting have yet to have a problem with a coil.

The thing that may not have contributed to a coil problem was a limited number back then. The coil that came with the detector was put on and never came off. I know this to be true on one of my Detectors.

Chuck

Warranties have been a life saver for me. Seems like I am the unlucky guy on the block. Several years ago, I bought a new Coiltec 16" mono for my GPX 4000. They had some problems with several of these coils that fell into a range of serial  numbers and  mine was among them. I was on my fifth one before I got a good one. They were all handled very professionally with no hassles and a letter explaining the problem and the serial numbers of the ones after the design change. Thank you Coiltec and Doc's Detecting.                                                                                              Next came my new CTX 3030. The second time I tried to use it, it failed. Minelab resolved my problem very fast and  I had a new one in about a week. Thank you Minelab and Creek Detectors.                                                                                                                                                                           Next was my B and Z  Booster, It suddenly decided not to work. It was replaced, no questions asked. Thank You J. P. and Doc's Detecting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               My last experience was with my GPZ 7K.  The select button quit working. I must have been in the transition between the two companies doing the repairs for Minelab. They paid the freight both ways, very happy about that. Minelab had it in their possession for three weeks before they contacted me, repaired and back to the shipping department the same day.  Thank You Minelab. Only bad was the length of time without my detector.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         I cannot imagine the problems and costs I could have had without warranties.                                                                                                                                                                                                                Norm McQ

Norm

I’d say you’re a man that got his monies worth out of a warranty you didn’t have to pay a dime for.

The great thing about any detector company they don’t say we going to do you a big favor and sell you a warranty.

No it’s FREE!

Chuck