Lots Of Gold Found With The White's TDI

The GMT SuperPulse is a stripped down TDI SL. Locked into ground balance mode, factory preset at Pulse Delay of 10, no Target Conductivity switch. So just get a TDI SL, leave it in ground balance mode, leave the Pulse Delay set at 10, and leave the Target Conductivity switch set for both, and you are good to go.

I heard a rumor Jimmy Sierra can get them. I guess I should call and find out. Would not be a bad unit if the price was low enough.

Steve. Does your TDI have a belt clip on it, and if so do you find that a useful option. Also I see were they made a about 6x10

eliptical dual field mono coil for it. In Arizona/ Socal, would that be a useful coil to have?

Thanks

Tom

Mine does have the hip mount clip on it - all TDI and TDI Pro models do I believe. The SL is rod mount only. I do like hip mounting it but I push it back over my wallet pocket. That way it is not in way when I bend over. It also comes with clips for chest mounting and I am going to rig a harness for that. It keeps the controls more accessible and less prone to getting knocked around. It also puts less strain on the coil cable where it enters the control box. Hip mounting tends to be hard on cables.

The 6x9 is a good coil. There is a reason that size coil comes on so many nugget detectors. Just a good size, covers ground sweeping sideways, narrow for poking into places, and solid so as to not hang up on stuff.

post-1-0-23844300-1389332825_thumb.jpg

Hi steve

looking at a used tdi pro , do you think the 12 in.coil would be good for the ground at winn.that

we have to cover the acres? There is a smaller coil comes with it. Just want to cover square ft.

the ground here should let this unit work pretty well dont you think?

Hi Rick,

I honestly think that in low to moderate ground you may as well just use a mid-frequency VLF in all metal mode as a TDI. An MXT would probably do as well there in Prospect mode. What is it about a TDI there that you were hoping to achieve? I did not think the ground around Winnemucca was all that hot. I was running my GMT at max gain and it ran fine, if a little noisy on the ground. An MXT should run pretty smooth there. If you want I could meet you there with my TDI sometime. Unless you have a really good deal on a TDI and are wanting to pull the trigger.

If I can use a VLF instead of a TDI I will use the VLF. If the hot rocks are making the VLF go bonkers, that is reason to break out a TDI. Just my opinion on that subject.

• Like 1

Mine does have the hip mount clip on it - all TDI and TDI Pro models do I believe. The SL is rod mount only. I do like hip mounting it but I push it back over my wallet pocket. That way it is not in way when I bend over. It also comes with clips for chest mounting and I am going to rig a harness for that. It keeps the controls more accessible and less prone to getting knocked around. It also puts less strain on the coil cable where it enters the control box. Hip mounting tends to be hard on cables.

The 6x9 is a good coil. There is a reason that size coil comes on so many nugget detectors. Just a good size, covers ground sweeping sideways, narrow for poking into places, and solid so as to not hang up on stuff.

That dual field mono is a good little coil, but it is no longer available through Whites.Another great coil on the TDI's is the NF 8X6 Sadie, its made for the Minelab GP series detectors, but you just need to run a extra rubber washer between it and the Whites shaft and it works great.