Lots Of Gold Found With The White's TDI

Say what? That is news. I do not see it on the website now that you mention it, but I figured that was an oversight. Temporarily unavailable or no longer being made?

I used to keep them in stock, but a few months ago when I tried to order more I was told that the individual that made those coils for them had passed away. It didnt sound like there  was any plans to have them made somewhere else either. Maybe if there is enough demand that will change.

I think the NF Sadie coil gives more performance although it is more expensive.

The 9x5 Dual Field loop ( Jimmy Loop) was made for Whites and Jimmy Sierra by Dan Geyer.  The bad news is that Dan passed away last year so no more have been made.  There are still a few out there in dealers stock, I have one.  The good news is that I hooked Jimmy up with a new person who is now making them, although of a slightly different construction.  It is the loop I was using last weekend to find those nuggets I posted.  It has the same sensitivity but is a bit more ruggedly built.  Price remains the same.

Digger Bob

Hi steve,

just thinking the tdi may go a little deeper than my gb 2, just wanting to go deeper and cover the square ft.

the coil that comes with it is 8in. I believe. Would the 12in. Coil help tdi much for depth here?

I would buy a bigger coil for this if it was worth the extra depth. The price is $1000 what do you think?

Love to get a mxt sometime , maybe someone would part with one they didnt like anymore but that sounds doubtful from the reviews. Yes that would be great if you came down and give me any pointers,

I love crash courses. Just talking to steve today need to make plans to go down soon, im getting antsy.

lm guessing book should be here tomorrow.

Hi steve,

just thinking the tdi may go a little deeper than my gb 2, just wanting to go deeper and cover the square ft. The coil that comes with it is 8in. I believe. Would the 12in. Coil help tdi much for depth here? I would buy a bigger coil for this if it was worth the extra depth. The price is $1000 what do you think?

Love to get a mxt sometime , maybe someone would part with one they didnt like anymore but that sounds doubtful from the reviews. Yes that would be great if you came down and give me any pointers. I love crash courses. Just talking to steve today need to make plans to go down soon, im getting antsy. lm guessing book should be here tomorrow.

Hi Rick,

Well, book only made it to the mail yesterday so you probably have to wait a bit more. I sent it regular mail but it is on the way.

The TDI normally comes with the 12" coil. The TDI SL can come with the 7.5" coil as one of the purchasing options. You will certainly get more depth and coverage with the 12" TDI than your Gold Bug 2 but as you saw the TDI will also miss the specimen gold there. Of course there are larger nuggets lurking also but still something to consider.

There are a zillion MXTs out there so easy to get one used. I am tied up until middle of February but can hook up with you after that if you wish. Do Steve and Rita have an MXT or TDI or both you could try on some of your specimens?

Jimmy should have gotten the new loops today or in the next few.  And yes, there is a plan to advertise and promote them.  He also got a stock of the Digger loops which are a bigger version, but in Mono.  So, if interested, give him a call, or better yet, your  local dealer.

Digger

Steve and rita own this tdi im thinking about, its an extra, I dont know if they have any used mxt's will check. It would probably be after February before we could go allso. Thanks.

• 6 months later...

Welcome to the forum!

Coil depth is more closely related to coil width than length. A 12x16 will cover more ground in a sweep than a 12" round but any depth gain will be negligible.

There are no "best" coils, only different coils for different jobs. Sometimes big coils are best, sometimes small coils are best. Some people like elliptical coils, some prefer round.