mn90403

News For Paul -- It Is Still Out There In WA !

It seems they are still finding a few little nuggets out there Paul.  I doubt they will let you detect there but maybe you can go near?

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/gold-fever-in-wa-as-miner-digs-up-big-nuggets-20171102-gzdgmf.html 

The nugget weighs in at more than half a kilo and measures ten centimetres across.

What say the Prospectors already over there?

Mitchel

• Like 1

It won't let me put WA   

Oz has huge areas with great potential...you just need to work the known areas and circle from there, do you research and never quit. The gold is still there.

fred

Couple of months ago there was a story in Ozs Gold Gem & Treasure Mag that told of a visitor in WA that found a 400oz patch. Now that`ll stir the lad for sure, however I think the reality is be content with a few nuggets and the experience, tis a big island OZ.

But saying that if you don`t give it a go you`ll never know and that I guess sums up prospectors attitude and why the hell not.

MN see if we can get him in and post, stir him up a wee bit and capice no .................:wink:

He's at his new job about 4 miles from me but we have not had time to meet up yet.  Next week I suspect we'll see each other and give it a go.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Mahoy
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-45468159

• By auminesweeper
      I found this posted elsewhere I don't know if folks have seen it yet ? if so just remove it.
      Enjoy.
      http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-10/rich-gold-seam-half-a-kilometre-deep-in-kambalda/10219576?pfmredir=sm

• By RedDirtDigger
      Two of us made the 5 day trip from eastern OZ to the Western Australian goldfields for a 8 week detecting trip.(armed with 7000,s and SDC)
      We targeted remoter spots that are not really on the radar. We invested in a pile of permits and researched lots of available ground spots. Lots of walking and lots of barren gullies and creeks...... but  occasionally we found the odd gully or slope not touched by a detector that yielded some nice runs of gold. We went 50/50 with our finds, sharing is the way to get a bigger tally when 2 or 3 of you (of equal ability) spread out searching large areas. All up we shared 45 ounces between two of us. There are many ugly specimens not pictured and we will have a big crush and smelt day soon. Cheers RDD  

• By mn90403
      “Australia’s all-time record annual gold production (314 tonnes) … might well be exceeded*,” said Dr Sandra Close, from mining consultancy* Surbiton.
      https://www.heraldsun.com.au/kids-news/australia-set-for-record-gold-haul-in-2018-as-mining-booms/news-story/0f985c566f657751313c4a5c590c0cc1 
    • By jrbeatty
      A comment I made on Jins post recently reminded me of how easy it is to walk over good sized gold.
      We are all familiar with the horrible loud screams detectors make over big surface targets. Sometimes the cause is obvious, usually surface rubbish such as a visible piece of tin or squashed beer can.
      Occasionally, when walking paddocks (which I mostly do) it turns out to be something useful, such as a lost spanner or fuel cap from a tractor - I have even found a grease gun lying concealed in the grass. These items I always return to the grateful landowner.
      More commonly, however, it is something useless like an old horseshoe, worn out cultivator point and/or the sheared bolts which once held it to the plough tyne. After digging a number of these the temptation to keep walking (with ears still ringing) becomes ~almost~ irresistible.
      Back in the Minelab SD2200 days I had permission to work a large Victorian property located on the Tarnagulla granite pluton to the north of Dunolly. This had a number of unworked shallow Tertiary palaeochannels crossing it, on one of which I located a 7 oz patch. Mostly the gold was smallish and reasonably deep, but the same location was also littered with shallow shotgun shells. These were very loud and nearly drove me nuts, and in my frustration I ignored one outlier - - -
      Fast forward a number of years and, armed with later technology  (GPX4000) I decided to check the patch once more and - - - WHUMP/SCREAM - - - greeted my ears over that same target.
      I kicked the dirt in annoyance -  and then spotted the 70 grammer I had ignored years earlier:

I had foolishly made the assumption that all the gold in that patch was deep and small, therefore loud shallow targets had to be junk - overlooking the possibility that something once deep could have been ploughed to the surface - - - I kept it to remind me of the old detecting maxim: "Dig your targets" 

• By phrunt
      For anyone in Perth, Australia area who likes to hunt for meteors it appears you have a new target.
      https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/giant-burning-fireball-stuns-aussies-in-western-australia/news-story/475255315b8bb8a20934655cdc6b635d
      There is a good video of it on that news site showing it coming down, not far from Perth.