Good Looking Metal Detectors

Here is a subject you will rarely see. What makes for a good looking metal detector? There are many I have swung over the years that were downright embarrassing. Maybe that is why I try to make sure I detect when nobody can see me! These days though there are some good looking detectors out there, kind of like the sports cars of the genre. My favorite - the F75 Special Edition, also called the Limited Edition. Fisher can't make up its mind.

fisher-f75-poster.jpg

Here is something completely different - the XP DEUS. The entire detector is in the coil, which is operated remotely by a control box or even directly by the headphones. It has a folding telescopic rod assembly that looks vaguely like the starship Enterprise when folded up.

xp-deus-compact-folding-metal-detector-design.jpg

September 1999. The Golden Hawk probably should have been called the Golden Turkey. It and the Relic Hawk were one of Minelabs rare market failures. As you say, basically an XT1800 with extra tracking settings in a very expensive housing. And an external battery. Seriously? Have to admit I kind of wanted one though!

post-1-0-12822400-1417403982_thumb.jpg
Minelab Golden Hawk

Well I'm glad to see that I got 3 out of the six you posted....CTX, SDC and the Deus. Traded the ATX a while back for the SDC. That darn Deus is not as easy to learn as my CTX but I'm slowly starting to like it for it's detecting abilities. The light weight and look's caught my attention early on. I've found a few things already that I missed with the CTX in heavy trash. Or maybe I'm just digging more with it then the CTX.  Did the XP Deus make the cut  on your detector team?

strick