Minelab Equinox Full Specifications & Brochures

I knew more Equinox info was on the way after I received an early 6" of snow!  New Minelab Equinox = long hard winter..  Thanks for posting the info Steve.. can't wait for this one. 

Bryan

• Thanks 1

What is the availability date?

Just weighed my Minelab X-Terra 705 with 7.5 kHz 6 in. concentric coil (batteries loaded) at 2.91 lb.  The Equinox weight (2.96 lb) includes a larger coil.  Throw in the fact that it's waterproof while the X-Terra isn't, and they've made significant strides.  (Contrast with the CTX barbell.  :smile:)

11 hours ago, mn90403 said:

What is the availability date?

Nobody knows yet. Lots of rumors being promoted. Anything less than an official Minelab announcement should be ignored, and even that taken with a grain of salt when it appears.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Nox may weigh more than the Terra,... but it will be perfectly balanced. LOL

The best mod I did to my 705 was a bicycle bottle strapped under the original stand. The stand is pretty useless anyway. I stuff it full with some rags, spare set of batteries. 1/4” to 3.5mm adapter and some earbuds. Last thing I add when I’ve got the coil of my choice mounted is 1oz fishing weights. And you can trim the unit till it’s got just the wright detecting angle.

Because the counterweight is under your elbow it’s got a very natural swing to it. An extension of your arm.

25 years of starting chainsaws has turned my shoulder into mush. But wielding a heavy brushcutter doesn’t cause any discomfort. Swishing a fast Deus or F19 and it burns like H&//.

So less weight isn’t always the solution, the brushcutter shuffle or the minelab jigg does the trick.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By bklein
      I guess we can’t add videos to our posts?  Anyway, the default  setting FE and F2 is 2.  I set out a gold ring, old square I ron nail, and quarter. With FE or F2 set at defaults of 2, it seems to mask these targets.  Set to zero all is good.  (This is an EQ600). This seems to contradict the original videos that came out when the detector did.  Beach2 program.
    • By Eden
      Hi all ! and cheers for the add !

I have had the Nox for nearly 3 years now and have finally bitten the bullet and grabbed a Monster 😁 also this morning Eyyyyhaaa !

Now for the stupid first question (I've had a read and could not find anything in a post on it 😔)

Has anyone here tried a Nox 15 inch coil on the Gold Monster.
      The Nox can run at 40mHz and the Monster runs 45mHz so pretty close there and I have read (not confirmed) elsewhere that the coils have proprietry chips in them to stop interchangeability.

They both fit each others coils though even though some said the plugs would not but I have not been game to turn on the monster with the Nox's 15 inch coil plugged in.
      (Big chicken 🤣)
      The thought of the Monster with a 15 inch coil is so tempting
      So back to the big ask.
      Has anyone actually tried ?

(Ps love my 2 nox 800s)

• By Luis
      Normally I run the equinox in multi-frequency mode, but yesterday I tried to use it at 5Kz in field mode 1. Lately I am hunting with the Iron filters at 0, but I did not like it in the single frequency mode so I went to modify it and what was my surprise  it wouldn't let me enter the submenu to upload iron rejection.  I tried it with the partner's equinox in case it was a failure of mine and the same thing happened.  In single frequency mode it does not let you enter the iron rejection submenu.  Do you know what the reason is?
    • By EWCoinhunter
      Hello,
      Anyone try Andy Sabisch coin setting on the Nox? What I would like to understand is I see there is offerings for the 800, but will they also work on the 600? Obviously I swing the 600, and coming from the Etrac using his settings, just wanted to make sure. I know the factory ones are good, but everything needs tweaked at one time or another.
      Thanks for any and all feedback. BTW, I am not new to MD, just to the Nox 600.
    • By ShintoSunrise
      Hey folks! Unlike many of you more seasoned folks, I'm still trying to learn when to ignore iron tones and when to dig. I was exploring the land behind what I knew once belonged to a northern Virginia farmhouse back in the 1930s and heard a nice iron tone that I felt was worth looking into. Lo and behold, an incredibly well rusted cast iron piggy bank. Following some electrolysis and wire brushing I find it to be pretty presentable. I'm unsure of the age, but based on some research I'm guessing circa 1900s. Cheers! 

• By 67GTA
      Been detecting for years, but relatively new to the multi frequency game. I am experiencing a lot of ground noise in multi that isn't present in single frequency. I was amazed at how much quieter single was compared to multi. When I use multi, it sounds like there is constant iron (low iron tones) with every swing. This happens every time and not just particular sites, and in different modes. I can't distinguish nails from what I'm guessing is ground minerals? In single frequencies, it is super quiet, and I can hear every little piece of iron. Once I noticed the difference I started digging low tones just to check. 90% of the low tones in multi aren't actually targets. I alway noise cancel and ground balance. Live in south central KY with pretty mild ground. Is this just a side effect of multi, or am I missing something?