Minelab Equinox Full Specifications & Brochures

Thanks for all the info on the new Equinox detector. A couple of you have mentioned a great detector for a low price. Do you have the price range for the two models?

Thanks,

Mike

When I read the part about Obsoleting the single freq detectors , I don't think The IQ  series will obsolete them in performance, but rather Obsolete them  as they only have one freq.   If a person is comparing an E600 to an AT MAX,  why would anyone want the Max when the E600 has so many more choices within the detector.   The E800 has yet more settings and freqs to pick from,  would you rather buy this unit with so many choices within the detector , or choose an Excalibur, and Deus to cover the same bases as the E800?  Why buy 2 or 3 detectors to cover your facets of hunting, when you can buy one detector that will do it all, and for $900? By do it all, you know what I mean.

• Like 2

Redneck, you and Steve H. MAY be right.

But I'm sticking to my guns.  The "obsoletion" is going to be based on the performance of the Multi-IQ technology, is my guess...

We shall see.  The word "obsolete" usually involves a technological advancement.  I'm not sure "packing a bunch of features that already exist on several machines, into one single unit" is enough to use the word "obsolete."  Very, very nice?  Yes.  Extremely convenient and enticing?  Yes.  But "obsoleting?"  I think that word implies a technological leap, and I think it's Multi-IQ that Minelab is referring to, with the use of this particular word...

Just my two cents!  We will certainly see, before too long!

Steve

Steve, Multi-IQ is real and it is not a I am right and you are wrong thing. There is no doubt in my mind that Multi-IQ represents a genuine advancement. I am not making an argument against you by staking out a position in opposition to you. I simply taking a less aggressive stance than you are for various reasons. It is very important to you that Multi-IQ is the reason for the Equinox existence. I take the position that I would consider it the icing on the cake - I like the design of the machine regardless. It seems more like an argument over the semantics of "obsolete" and I don't want to argue. I therefore declare you the "winner" :smile:

minelab-equinox-feature-list.jpg

• Like 1

Deep down inside I also believe the new technology will be a winner.  I'm just a bit cautious, as we have been "sales pitched" thru the years ,from many companies,  and  disappointed.  Even if it only matches the Deus 'performance,  I'll be very satisfied. I believe Minelab designed this unit to whoop the deus .  Just the price and the waterproofing are enough to get me to order one.  All the extra features are an added bonus for me.  The 6 inch coil option should do circles around the deus  w/ 9" coil.  

Steve --

Not trying to "argue," nor "win;" I apologize if it came across that way.  Only trying, through back-and-forth discussion, to exchange ideas --hoping things come up, and points are raised, along the way, that are helpful or informative.  While it's all speculation at this point, "informed" speculation is fun to banter about IMO.  

I look forward to the machine in any case, and I think it will be a winner.  I know you do, too.  

Cheers!

Steve

• Like 2

3 hours ago, steveg said:

Steve --

Not trying to "argue," nor "win;" I apologize if it came across that way.  Only trying, through back-and-forth discussion, to exchange ideas --hoping things come up, and points are raised, along the way, that are helpful or informative.  While it's all speculation at this point, "informed" speculation is fun to banter about IMO.  

I look forward to the machine in any case, and I think it will be a winner.  I know you do, too.  

Cheers!

Steve

Steve(g)

It seems to me that Steve's opinion is not just speculation. You don't have to read between the lines because it's obvious Steve is well informed (read knowledgeable) on the subject. 

I am joining this fan club.

Tom

• Thanks 1