Going To Get Garrett ATX Deepseeker Package

You will be suprised how easy to swing that big coil is. Seems lighter than the stock coil and the pivot point is different without the lag. Of course Garrett fixed that on the stock coil a while back.

As far as the 8" mono, it is a beast for depth on larger items. For example, I got a stronger and broader signal in very hot dirt at 20" on my 5.4 oz gold nugget with the 8" mono coil vs the stock 10x12" DD coil. Both hit it fine, but the better signal was the 8" mono. I just drew it up to mono vs DD coil design in general.

Enjoy your new Deep-Seeker Pack! The big coil will hit a .4 gram nugget at couple inches - not too bad for a 20" coil. 

Bearkat

OK, Christmas came early. Got this big heavy box and opened it up, and inside was another box. Opened that up, and there was this really cool Garrett hard case!

post-1-0-92464900-1418751561_thumb.jpg

Packed inside the hard case is the standard ATX soft case. The hard case is basically just a foam lined box with no special compartments or hold down straps. It weighs in at just over 12 pounds. I doubt I will use it for a detector case per se but it is a nice, stout, waterproof case.

post-1-0-52107900-1418751563_thumb.jpg

And amazingly inside the soft case is the ATX fully assembled with large coil. All the accessories were packed around it, with the 12" coil in the big internal pocket. This is a nice soft case, with internal straps and accessory pockets. The bonus of my tearing my other ATX down is I get a spare soft case, which my SDC 2300 with inherit. I also have two complete AA battery systems which is great because nearly all my detectors and accessories now use AA batteries. I also not have a spare armrest and battery doors for this ATX scavenged off my old one.

post-1-0-87590700-1418751564_thumb.jpg

I had to purchase a scuff cover for the big coil separately - here it is. I opted for the closed coil for working in stubble.

post-1-0-47104100-1418752464_thumb.jpg

A final bonus is that the stock coil came with a new open scuff cover. I already have the closed version, so this was nice. I am not sure, but it looks to be stouter than earlier versions? Also, the new stock coil has the redesigned pivot point which was to address the "floppy coil" issue seen in earlier ATX model like mine. I fixed that by cutting my old coil up! And now I have the new version.

post-1-0-65115500-1418751566_thumb.jpg

OK, good to go with shiny new ATX, now to just finish the ATX rebuild project at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/462-garrett-atx-strip-down-rebuild/ My new aluminum case arrived so time to get down to the nitty gritty of stuffing the circuit board into it. I will then have two ATX detectors - the heavy duty waterproof one, and a dry land light weight version set up to use Infinium coils if I wish. Looks like I will have both the S-rod and a straight rod set up so I can use whichever balances best with whatever coil I use.

post-1-0-66856000-1418752313_thumb.jpg