A Lighter Weight GPZ 7000?

I do believe Minelab is listening.  Earlier in the year I had taken a poll or "Wish List" for what people wanted on your GPZ.   I had a discussion with Bill Stirling at Minelab and sent him the link as well as summarized results.  My concern was that I had missed an opportunity to get suggestions out to them on software and hardware improvements.  His comments to me were that they very much want to hear our suggestions and that the ZED is a very new tool and will have many updates to come in the future.

• Like 1

I have no doubt Minelab is working on new ideas and expanding their technology, as they are an innovative company.  I just hope Minelab will continue to include existing GPZ  customers in any new ergonomic enhancements or much needed screen improvements, like they have done with the software upgrades.  Don't forget about us Minelab!

Still waiting for the Xchange to be compatible, come on now!

Brian.

• Like 1

Yes, I think we bought what will be referred to as the most expensive nugget detector that was ever made.  Future purchasers will never pay as much as we did.  It won't cost as much to build and it won't be justified in the field.   

Mitchel

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok this is my view ,,we all know the z is a great machine yes i agree it is,,yes of course the machine can do with a reduction of weight shaved off as waving this machine around for weeks months or years will finally wear your joints down,,know matter how big your shoulders,hips or arms are,,everything in life will get you at the end somehow or another,,,,its a fact

Minelab should of gotten half a dozen professional prospectors or so and invited them to there factory to get there opinion when making such a machine,,the price is one thing but the holding a brick all day is another, believe you me the next machine up from this will be the ultimate minelab  machine, were it will be lighter and more universal 

I bet you my bottom dollar Bruce Candy from minelab is working on a new design on improving and making a new model up from the z,,maybe they will call it the ZE or something,,,, whatever it is it will be the mother of all machines out there,,it will have less flaws and LIGHTERRRR of course,,,because thats whats on 99% of the prospectors wish list

The price of course will be ,,,,,you guessed it more DOUGH,,so boys find more golddddddddd,,cheers