Equinox Battery Replacement Program?

MontAmmie

On 11/10/2017 at 2:49 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

There actually is an insurance policy. The Equinox can be operated while "charging". In other words, any aftermarket USB style portable power pack will run the detector. In theory if the battery is totally dead for any reason, just use the USB power cord to attach a power pack and strap it anywhere on the detector (under the armrest?) and you are good to go. So it's not like the battery goes dead and you are out of luck.

Thats an unacceptable option lol.  People try and shed weight when detecting, have you felt some of those chargers ? Simple solution is , minelab solves the problem.  I have 2 minelabs, about a year old, i start having issues, i’ll be a former owner   

3 hours ago, edcl54 said:

Thats an unacceptable option lol.  People try and shed weight when detecting, have you felt some of those chargers ? Simple solution is , minelab solves the problem.  I have 2 minelabs, about a year old, i start having issues, i’ll be a former owner   

Solves what problem? The artificial problem being made up here on this thread? The one that does not actually exist and never did? The simple solution is to not make up problems before they exist. :smile:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Solves what problem? The artificial problem being made up here on this thread? The one that does not actually exist and never did? The simple solution is to not make up problems before they exist.

Hahahahaahaha...agreed---- I havent got time in my life to care  about minutiae like that---

im sure there is another batt in the works-------

BUT...... I have more important fish to fry-----like beach SETTINGS and NEGATIVE numbers---dig or no dig....   ????

And I should  be digging  ----- instead of posting like i am now!!!!?

Going digging!!!!! now!

• Like 2

Good answers Steve.  ive swapped shafts after having my machine in the water........ that hole in the bottom lets water and sand in.    WE..... are the unpredictable .... and most likely to cause problems opening and closing any detector box.   The majority will never get the thing wet.   There is a screw and O ring on the bottom ...... and someone has given the number for replacement batteries.   I swear i read somewhere these batteries could last up to 10 years.....obviously depending on use.   I personally love Lith batteries..... long run time and most chargers check each cell.    Now cell phones....... hate not being able to change those batteries...... because we know how easy used to be.   Theres where id get mad.   I suspect most machines will be out of warranty way before the battery needs to be changes........ do the math..... how many rechargeable or AA would you have used?   This is IMO one of the first detectors that use a lot of new ideas........ and for the cost and warranty given......outstanding.    Trust me....... use an Xcal .... at the end of 3 to 5 years tell me how much you really have in it?  Im not hating here........ i think its more of an inconvenience than the real cost.  But ...... my money is on we can replace that battery........ someone will take it apart they always do.  

• Like 1