Should There Be An Off Topic Forum?

Steve Herschbach

On 11/10/2017 at 3:50 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

A member recently posted an off topic thread despite the rules saying up front "Please keep threads and posts on topic. Off topic posts may be moved or deleted without warning." Well, I did just that and the person got upset and requested their account be deleted, which I promptly did.

So I got to wondering, am I being to draconian with the whole thing? I have no interest in changing the policy, but I could create an "Off Topic" forum where off topic things can be moved to or posted because they would no longer be violating the policy! Then people could have a go at whatever things they wish. The catch is it would be unmoderated unless I received specific serious complaints, as I have no desire to get involved in or even read lots of what people seem to love to argue about on the internet. That being the case it would be "Enter At Your Own Risk".

Anyway, it might be a solution for those who think I am too strict. Thoughts, advice, and opinions are not only welcome but extremely important to me on this issue.

No "off topic forum" please. This site is about prospecting and nothing else.

• This topic was locked and unlocked

Steve and DP members ,

Been away from the computer for 10 days and just picked up on this thread .

It's great to see one and all wishing to have the forum stay as you originally designed it . I would hate to see it change , best forum in the world . My two greatest pleasures in my retired life are prospecting / detecting and joining this great group daily for a catch up of stories and info . Thanks Steve and all members .

Cheers

goldrat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Leave it be. This site is getting big enough as it is :biggrin:....If it's not about hunting treasure with a metal detector...or anything that effects us doing that.....I'm not clicking on it.  

strick

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked