Best VLF For Deep, Big Nuggets Only?

I know that many, if not most, prospectors are usually thrilled to find tiny gold. More power to them. Undoubtedly finding a lot of such small gold will eventually translate into a lot of gold when it's all put together.

However, personally I'm solely interested in larger-sized nuggets of, say, 2 grams and up. I have no problem with missing nuggets any smaller than that. Not particularly interested in relics, artifacts or silver.

I was originally leaning towards buying a GB2 until I realized that they excel in finding the tiniest gold, not the larger, deeper nuggets. Also, I would prefer something that has something of a graphical interface along the lines of the Garrett AT Gold.

If the Garrett ATX Deepseeker Package was priced about $800 less I'd buy it, but at $2500+ It's just too expensive (aside from its exceptionally-heavy weight.) 

What would be the best VLF machines for someone who's *only* interested in prospecting for *big*, *deep* gold in the Western USA?

• Haha 1

VLF is maxed out tech and so you can take your pick from dozens of detectors that all will do about as well on 2 gram and larger nuggets. "Best" is in the eyes of the beholder.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

• Like 1

I know your asking about VLF machines.  But you might look into the Whites TDI SL.  It's less expensive, lighter than an ATX, has a lot of different coils that work with it.  Plus it's a PI which will punch deeper in most cases. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, madtuna said:

yeah....that tiny gold is a pain in the bum!

Ynf3ghO.jpg

Naw.... That ain't tiny gold................... THIS is tiny gold.....:blink:

fullsizeoutput_12a.jpeg

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

VLF is maxed out tech and so you can take your pick from dozens of detectors that all will do about as well on 2 gram and larger nuggets. "Best" is in the eyes of the beholder.

http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

I actually downloaded, read and actually printed your guide to detectors a few weeks ago and  probably should've reread it before posting. Thanks so much for writing and sharing this outstanding and extremely helpful guide, it's by FAR the best one I've seen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1