The Gold I've Missed

Jin that area was dozed and flogged but yielded very little. John, Ian and I went there with the protos, and John got a 35 oz bit that is in the album. Page 1.

• Like 1

I very nearly missed this 2.5 ouncer:

a2bss8.jpg

It was part of a multi ounce patch I discovered years ago, on the late Harry Evan's property at Tarnagulla.

I heard it, but assumed it was another one of many near surface shotgun shells. All the other pieces were deep signals.

Left it for two years until eventually (on another occasion) I dug it with my boot. What a dill! :blush:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well here's a couple more missed by Reg, the SD 2000 prototype's, and me with a production SD 2000

Around about the same time the 70 & 90 Oz bits were found at patchy flat, I was camped in the place, picked up some nice bits to 10 Oz's, my mate came down from Sydney towing his little caravan and we met up outside of finders in Dunolly

Being a tight wad and not wanting to pay Caravan park fee's, he asked if I knew of a good spot where he could park out bush and detect, No probs follow me. Took him out to patchy flat and he parked near where I had camped.

I had to return to work on the Monday Morning, so we parted company.

Monday morning my office phone rang, "Guess what I found"

"A 75 and a 30 in the same hole, just down from the van"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

egixe, that's nothing. I missed a 250oz at Clover gully found by' Kiwi Russell' Barker. (sob) But John missed it too.

• Thanks 1

If he was the telecom dude, then yes, for some reason I had it in my mind for some time that it was you that found that one.

Memory is not as great as it once was Reg.

It was a beautiful bit of Gold though, biggest bit I've seen in the flesh so far.

Thinking back Reg, I recall talking to you on the Phone about that very nugget around Christmas last year.

We were going to Catch up at my place near Dunolly, but the weather was very very hot and we gave it a miss, I hear that you have good reason to celebrate in December, so I will finally catch up with you then.

Look forward to catching up Mal.

Glen Sampson found more nuggets over 100ozs than anyone I have met or have heard of. The list is unbelievable. Just ask John at the Tarnagulla pub about Glen's finds.

• Thanks 1