SDC 2300 Bag, Wear & Tear, and 30 Ounces of Gold!

JP, wow! Very nice. Mine is coming next week. Can't wait. I'm going to plan on hitting some known patches that have really hot ground. Hotter the better it sounds like. I wonder why they even printed a instructional manual with it. Since it is so user friendly. Lol I enjoy reading your posts Jonathan. On here and FB.

• Like 1

My gorilla tape is on the detector bottom and the knuckle, not the bottom of the coil cover.

When I got an ATX, I did this crazy origami tape job on the bottom of the spider coil. Boy did I feel dumb when I found the coil cover in a flap inside the top of the case. It took forever to get all the gorilla tape,off. Life is tough when you're stupid!

• Like 1

On just a wild guess. What percentage of the gold do you think you would have missed if you were swinging the GPX 5000 ? I know the bigs would have sounded off with either detector. But the smalls?

Sorry everyone for missing the responses on this thread.

The gold found with our SDCs this season was gold that was missed the two seasons before on a mega rich patch we found, most the big gold had already been removed but there were ounces upon ounces of small prickly crystalline nuggets still laying all over the place. In some cases I would scope the deeper sections with the 5K and we would then roll and dig the rocks and soils back working the area newly exposed in a face (see pic below) to recover the numerous tiny nuggets mixed in with the odd bigger piece.

When we first arrived with the SDCs we could not believe the amount of gold targets just sitting on the surface that had been missed the season before, took us quite a few days just going over old ground mopping up all of these before we even started on the serious work. The 5K with a small coil could have found quiet a few of them, but it would have taken a lot of effort and then we would have had to go over the same ground all over again to get the bits the 5K would not respond to.

JP

post-9-0-71725900-1417984077_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

There is a pretty neat control box cover for the SDC available here in Australia, I stole this pic off Robs detector sales so he must be stocking them as well. I'll be getting two of them soon as I've bought a couple of these amazing little detectors for my sons for Xmas.

JP

http://www.robsdetectors.com/sdc-2300-camo-control-box-cover

post-9-0-46237400-1418067835_thumb.jpg

Hi JP,

I believe that is Black Al's cover? https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8273 Very nice job he did. I have been looking at them since they came out. If my SDC were brand new I would have one in a heartbeat. Sort of too late now. Some day I will get a shiny new SDC and that cover will go right on it. Next time I see Rob I will get one from him.

Added benefit is the cover is designed to hold the arm cup open and a fold away stand!

post-1-0-23626000-1418069382_thumb.jpg

• Like 1