Its True What They Say About The SDC 2300

schiara

I witnessed first hand the power of the SDC Detector on small gold. The SDC 2300 has has amazing sensitivity. Its true what they say about its ability to find small gold. I compared targets with my GP3500 and the SDC and to my surprise the SDC out performed on the small gold. I just want to say I wouldn't have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes. Simply amazing.

Its on my short list of detectors to get in the coming year.  It will be a tough sell to the wife with the little bit of detecting I've done this past year or two but I think I will be able to sneak it in under her nose.  That's a tempting price you have on your 5000 by the way.

Wes.

Do you think it would be a good detector for snipping in creeks?

This was the main reason I bought the SDC 2300, plus the fact that it is very portable. I do all my prospecting around rivers, but because the search area is so great, I thought a detector would help speed things up. The problem I have found so far, is that the gold I am finding close to the water is very small and not even the SDC will pick it up. But I have to take it to some other areas where the river would have flooded out in the past and see if I can find any larger pieces. If I do find anything, I will let you know how it performs.

The only thing I would say about creeks is that some creeks (like in California and some other places) can be very trashy in places. The SDC has no discrimination and is not a great choice for working in very trashy areas. In streams that are not too trashy, it would be fine.