Moto ( Motor Cycle ) Camping/ Detecting

Hello all! 

This weekend I am heading out for a Motor Cycle Camp trip (Adventure Bikes) and we always take our detectors. Hoping to find some nice out-of-the-way areas that have not been hit too hard. Camp Grounds have been a good source of hunting for us in the past and we have made about 5 trips this year on bikes, some are local day trips and others are over-nighter's. 

I love doing this and it has gotten me out to some really neat/old places. Just curious if anyone else out there has done this same type of hunting - MC/camping etc.

I'll post the adventure here if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

Cool!

Here is a pic from our last trip up in Sequoia Nat. forest above Kernville. Big fire north of us, kind of smoked us out the whole weekend and the pickings were slim. No rings. No silver. I managed 1 wheatie (1945). Plenty of Quarters, dimes and nickels and zinc.

Still a great ride and camp trip and detecting new areas. gbone_MD_motocamp.thumb.jpg.9c6ed850fcb00b6a5a9f73920f1e2d1a.jpg

I will elaborate a bit more detail on this next trip.

We plan on visiting Carrizo Plains national Monument as well, more than likely we won't do much detecting there, but we have some spots to recon on our way there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE..

Well we made it to our destination of Carrizo Plains Nat monument, but the detectors never made it out of the bag.

We had another rider with us whom is not a detectorist, so to make him stop and sit while we check spot out, was not going to happen. Too much road time and only enough time to set camp, and camp ground was full. So even if we wanted to hit camp spots in the dark.....no go....So it ended up just being a ride and no MDing. Sorry about that.

Probably shouldn't even post this since there is no MDing involved. 

Cheers and happy TG to all.

G

2017-11-18 14.40.31.jpg

2017-11-19 06.56.25.jpg

Thats not far from Pismo...plenty to look for over there. The great thing about a metal detector is you can take them just about anywhere and entertain your self. Thanks for the nice photos...

strick

• Like 1