Video - MX7 Features Explained

Steve did a nice job on this little video.  I, for one, really like the looks of this MX7.  It's basically a lighter non-waterproof MX Sport (with the bugs worked out), which is basically a MXT with more adjustability and a modern housing.  At a street price around $500, the MX7 is a better value and should have equal or better the performance than the MXT All-Pro, and ought to do well for White's as a solid mid-range detector.  

• Like 1

From White’s Facebook page:

”Starting next week we'll ship out the first orders of MX7's! This is a lightweight metal detector for serious treasure hunters who are looking for an affordable option to many of the higher-priced models on the market. The body, coils, PCB, and rods are all made here in the USA. Just in time for Christmas and shipping with a free Digmaster and Utility pouch for under six hundred bucks!”

whites-mx7-free-accessory-xmas-package.jpg

• 4 months later...

Maybe what I need is the M X 7 but if I got one  I wouldn’t be a Sport anymore. It would be less weight for me to carry or swing around. Now that would be a good thing. I’ve got every coil White’s makes for it and the Sport .

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t see the need to have two waterproof Detectors so my Sport may go . I had sent it in with a problem and just so happen I sent the 6” coil too , At the time I didn’t know the new coil I sent with my Sport had a I D problem. 

It was posted by Tom the coil problem has been fixed. I don’t know when I’ll get both back but when the Sport will go up for sale.

I’d say I’m taking a hard look at the MX 7. It got all the Sport has but less weight and the coils I have will work on the MX 7.

Only time and money will direct me in the direction I want to take.

Chuck