Best Vlf Detector For Nugget Detecting?

Marwan

If you spend a little time reading you will find lots of people is having great luck with the Gold Monster 1000. I called it luck but it’s more than that. Time in the field learning and swinging that detector is what makes your luck.

Chuck

Hi Marwan. I know we discussed this in a message but I am adding this here for other readers.

The Minelab Gold Monster is coming on strong now. Another VLF popular around the world is the Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Unfortunately there is no one ideal detector but instead several that can perform well if used properly. Depending on the gold and ground mineralization one detector may have an edge in a particular area, but the situation might reverse and another detector be better just ten kilometers away. The differences between most models are quite small.

I would put heavy emphasis on which model is stocked by a nearby dealer who can provide knowledgeable answers to questions and who has a good stock of accessory items and spare parts.

It would also be advisable to seek out information from local users as to which machines are giving the best results.

I have detailed reviews of many of the most popular models used to prospect for gold at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Marwan

If you spend a little time reading you will find lots of people is having great luck with the Gold Monster 1000. I called it luck but it’s more than that. Time in the field learning and swinging that detector is what makes your luck.

Chuck

Fabulous
  This is what I want a device makes my luck
Thank ridge

19 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Hi Marwan. I know we discussed this in a message but I am adding this here for other readers.

The Minelab Gold Monster is coming on strong now. Another VLF popular around the world is the Fisher Gold Bug Pro. Unfortunately there is no one ideal detector but instead several that can perform well if used properly. Depending on the gold and ground mineralization one detector may have an edge in a particular area, but the situation might reverse and another detector be better just ten kilometers away. The differences between most models are quite small.

I would put heavy emphasis on which model is stocked by a nearby dealer who can provide knowledgeable answers to questions and who has a good stock of accessory items and spare parts.

It would also be advisable to seek out information from local users as to which machines are giving the best results.

I have detailed reviews of many of the most popular models used to prospect for gold at http://www.detectorprospector.com/gold-prospecting-guides/steve-guide-gold-nugget-detectors.htm

Yes, we discussed this, but on PI
As usual Steve you explained everything to me
And the reviews  is a great effort You have done it
I thank you for this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Gold Bug Pro has been very, very good to me, paying for itself many, many times over, and it's got a nice, easy learning curve. I have not tried the Monster, but if the gold you're chasing is small, I've got two friends that have found all kinds of gold with the Gold Bug II, but the learning curve is far steeper on it than the Bug Pro.

As there are so many good VLF's now, it's going to have to be a research and then choose option for you, slight differences today on VLF's  as many are really good at finding the gold now.

Good luck, and all the best,

Lanny

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was on Libby Creek detecting for nuggets and I met a guy from Canada in our club claim. I invited him up creek with a friend of mine and myself. I was talking about all the advantages of the Monster. He uses a gold bug pro. I got a signal on a nugget that was pegging out on the gold chance indicator and I took the headphones off and just had the external speakers so he could hear it. It was loud and I had him come over and give it a try before I chipped it out of the bedrock. He could not get a signal. I had him jack up the sensitivity to max and he still could not get a signal. It was a nugget and the gold bug pro could not see it. It sold him on the monster and as soon as he got home he ordered a Gold Monster 1000. The proof is in the pudding. I've been detecting since 1980 for gold and coins and as far as gold is concerned minelab rules and I feel in my opinion they are the only company out there with a research and development team extremely serious about constantly advancing their gold detectors to be and stay the leader in gold detecting technology in the world.

• Like 2

The Gold Bug pro can see them bits and is hot on small Gold, the problem lies with the GBP not being as deep as other normal VLF's but it is a hot little machine, when fitted with the 6x4 coil and maxed out and an F-75 or MXT fitted with the same setup the F-75 and the MXT will go deeper, but the Gold Bug Pro has a couple of tricks up it's sleeve like finding keepers that are hidden below other objects, In junk filled sites I would place my money on the GBP over the GM or the F-75 or the MXT, Depth is not what the GBP is about, the fact is it is one of the weaker machines out there but I Guarantee the GBP will make finds where others don't, I love my MXT and it is a brilliant machine but the GBP is a sneaky little devil.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...