Minelab Discount For U.S. Military

Just a reminder. Minelab USA offers a 15% discount on any Minelab metal detector from the MAP (minimum advertised price) to U.S. active or honorably discharged members of the military. Proof of past or active service is required and must be verified by providing a copy of a DD 214 or Military ID to qualify. The discount applies only to a metal detector purchase - parts and accessories do not qualify. This discount is not available in conjunction with other special promotions or individual dealer concessions. 

With discount the $899 Equinox 800 is only $764.15. The Minelab GPZ 7000, normally $7999, ends up being $6799.15, a savings of $1199.85 :smile:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This discount is when buying directly from Minelab or one of its dealers?

No or, just inquiring.... Thanks "D"

I've recently divorced and God know's where my darn DD214 is. I'll keep digging, but worst case scenerio, I'll get a copy from my department, they'll have one on file...

Never could find my DD214, but I located my DD256A, Honorable Discharge Certificate for picture frame display, anyhow Kellyco had no problem excepting it in lieu of my missing DD214...

"D"

• Like 1

Does anyone know if a VA card will work?  I'm about ready to pre-order an 800 (for Hubby).  The only thing I worry about is if I pre-pay for one then for some reason Dealer #1 doesn't get enough on the first shipment and I have to wait for mine.  Meanwhile, Dealer #2 gets a whole pallet-load of them, only I can't get one because Dealer #1 has my cash tied up. 

2 hours ago, MontAmmie said:

Does anyone know if a VA card will work?  I'm about ready to pre-order an 800 (for Hubby).  The only thing I worry about is if I pre-pay for one then for some reason Dealer #1 doesn't get enough on the first shipment and I have to wait for mine.  Meanwhile, Dealer #2 gets a whole pallet-load of them, only I can't get one because Dealer #1 has my cash tied up. 

I ordered mine from Kellyco and they were very flexible when it came to what information was needed for the veterans discount. I can't say they'll allow the VA card or not, but it's worth a try and it would surprise me if they refused to except it, but who knows. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful...

"D"

• Like 3

• This topic was pinned and unpinned

I'll accept VA Card, DD-214 or Military ID cards.

Yes I am prior military myself (USMC).

Hope this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Gerry........ ive got to ask, i know its not likely the first batch wont sell for MAP..... but after that ..... if someone say im not military but would you discount me that 15% if i buy one...... would you?  With this being a ML discount youd be dealing with less discounts out of your pocket..... and now days, we all like to deal.  At this point Ammie im sure ML USA had a distribution plan.   So.... ordering now may not get you one for awhile.  Rumor has it Kelleyco has a 1000 on order.   I know its business, but wonder how ML and Kelleycos relationship is?  Ive got  one on order...... if i dont get one of the first..... that might not be a bad thing.   We'd still be in line, BUT would have more information for our specific area of hunting.   I didnt have to pay anything to get on the list....... that might not be a good thing lol.  I have Xcals and CTX and im not expecting to get over run by the EQ on the beach YET.

• Like 1