Minelab Discount For U.S. Military

On 3/1/2019 at 4:53 PM, Chase Goldman said:

Good point.  Several independent MD dealers will offer Vet discounts too

I do...if you are an active or retired service member, let me know when purchasing, and thank you for your service!

Steve

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, SarahCornel said:

This is a good opportunity to purchase a quality product with a discount.

As a VET myself, I'm happy to provide the 15% military discount to those who have earned it.

Some of my most loyal customers for the last 25 yrs have been Military and I thank you.

Gerry's Detectors

www.gerrysdetectors.com

USMil.jpg

• Like 7

Do you know if this is expressly limitedto US military or could I get the same rebate being a retired German soldier?

• Like 1

On 3/25/2022 at 3:08 AM, Horst said:

Do you know if this is expressly limited to US military or could I get the same rebate being a retired German soldier?

I am a retired Canadian Forces veteran. I asked my local detector dealer if the Minelab discount could be applied to my purchase in Canada and it was granted.

Maybe you need to ask for it in other countries as it certainly isn't advertised. Good luck!!!

• Like 3

It doesn't apply to Australian military, even though Minelab are an Australian company... odd.

Is it the dealer taking the hit when a military person purchases or does Minelab in the US give that dealer a cheaper cost price to replace Military sold detectors? How does it work?

Is it a Minelab promotion or a dealer promotion?  Sounds more like a dealer promotion?

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 1:08 AM, Horst said:

Do you know if this is expressly limitedto US military or could I get the same rebate being a retired German soldier?

Horst, I'll be happy to work with you on a detector at discount from your military service.  My issue is Minelab contract does not allow US Dealers to ship new detectors outside of the US.  I am allowed to ship used units though.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, phrunt said:

It doesn't apply to Australian military, even though Minelab are an Australian company... odd.

Is it the dealer taking the hit when a military person purchases or does Minelab in the US give that dealer a cheaper cost price to replace Military sold detectors? How does it work?

Is it a Minelab promotion or a dealer promotion?  Sounds more like a dealer promotion?

The US Military Discount is something I fought for and asked many years ago.  It was finally implemented when one of the better Minelab GM's, Gary Schafer was in charge in USA.

The US Military Discount is a voluntary promo at dealer discretion (not mandatory as some US dealers are not supporters of the military) and can offer up to a 15% discount on 1 detector if the appropriate documentation is provided.  As a US VET myself, I don't blink an eye for anyone who has served and I offer the full 15%.  No it is not a complete 15% loss of profit for me.  Minelab requires at the end of each month for me to send in all US VET purchases and then I get a % of the 15% added to the books as a credit.  I have to use it within a certain time and have to purchase Minelab products.  Does not apply to pin-pointers and accessories.

Do I find it strange that Minelab Australia does not offer the same promo for their military customers?  Most certainly and I feel the dealers in Australia should put their foot down and let Peter C. know their feelings.

Hopefully this clears a few things up and for those who are interested to use the military discount, please contact Gerry's Detectors of Boise, Idaho www.gerrysdetectors.com and we'll be happy to provide, since you earned it.

veterans-day-new-bedford-1-600x330.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 1 year later...
4 minutes ago, ralfisagreatguy said:

Saw your post about the Minelab discount for U.S. military – that's awesome support!

I'm proud to accept VET and Active Duty discounts to help those who have done so much for our country.

Ralf-is-a-great-guy.  Now that my friend is interesting.  May all your hunts be enjoyable with a little gold to shine through.

20230829_134941.jpg