Minelab Discount For U.S. Military

Many factors, but for new product it is usually supply and demand.  Also, you must realize we do have dealer contracts we sign.  If we undercut the product pricing, then we could get canned.  Also we are cutting our income.  My job is a Full Time Metal Detecting Dealer that goes above and beyond the average.  My staff and I write articles, do YouTube videos on education, work directly with engineering and do field testing of proto-types..  We offer 3 day Field Training, gives seminars etc.  My only income is all through detector sales.  Most folks on here has or did have a working job they earned a pay check.  I just happen to enjoy my job more than most.

Bottom line, will I offer a discount to a non military person?  Repeat Customer Loyalty goes a long way with me.  So does the referral program. 

Attached photo is of staff and I comparing different sizes of coils on undug targets.

P1010001.JPG

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

When I decide to purchase I'll be my brother to order for me, since he is military.  I'd love to get him interested, be great to have a brother as a hunting partner since he is the only sibling I have left.

• Like 4

I'll be happy to work with you Mark and or any other military families..  If you already have a favorite dealer who is knowledgeable and able to help you, I totally understand.

• 1 month later...
On 12/19/2017 at 5:51 AM, dewcon4414 said:

Gerry........ ive got to ask, i know its not likely the first batch wont sell for MAP..... but after that ..... if someone say im not military but would you discount me that 15% if i buy one...... would you?  With this being a ML discount youd be dealing with less discounts out of your pocket..... and now days, we all like to deal.  At this point Ammie im sure ML USA had a distribution plan.   So.... ordering now may not get you one for awhile.  Rumor has it Kelleyco has a 1000 on order.   I know its business, but wonder how ML and Kelleycos relationship is?  Ive got  one on order...... if i dont get one of the first..... that might not be a bad thing.   We'd still be in line, BUT would have more information for our specific area of hunting.   I didnt have to pay anything to get on the list....... that might not be a good thing lol.  I have Xcals and CTX and im not expecting to get over run by the EQ on the beach YET.

I would not doubt 1000. A week ago I was informed by one of the sales persons that they were getting 10 orders a day. I ordered from them Dec 6th. At that point, they said I should be on the second shipment. With less than 10 in the last shipment,  I think that is not so true anymore. I hoping that the first shipment was by air and there is a boatload full being sent out now. Kellyco does not seem to have a lot of information. 

I have the Safari if spring comes before the Equinox. 

• Like 1

Wloch248,  The Military Discount is good on certain level of metal detectors.  The Accessories and GoFind series do not qualify.

Hope this helps my friend...and thank you for your service.  Gerry at www.gerrysdetectors.com

USMC

Gerry in Idaho,  GREAT post.  You explained clearly the value added a committed FULL TIME dealer brings to the marketplace!

Hopefully all the manufacturers understand that at he high-end - folks have more understanding of the total value in an on-going relationship with a PROFESSIONAL. Dealer - Well done sir.

I think there is a fine line when a true military discount is used for someone who is not military----- kinda feels like a slap in the face to me.

It cheapens the discount  Minelab has graciously volunteered to give veterans. I applaud them for their effort, but i have seen more than one detector sold under the guise of "Military discount"  --reminds me of the guys on the corner panhandling with their Green Berets on... who never did a day in the  service.

Granted this is just my opinion---  i will leave it at that...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1