Minelab Discount For U.S. Military

On 11/27/2017 at 12:00 AM, Possum said:

I've recently divorced and God know's where my darn DD214 is. I'll keep digging, but worst case scenerio, I'll get a copy from my department, they'll have one on file...

https://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-service-records

• Like 1

As a military Veteran myself (USMC) and one who did not know where my DD-214 was, I've learned where and how to get it.  There are also other forms of ID that Gerry's Detectors will accept and get you the 15% discount.  Each state is a little different but for those who are not sure, call me for details.  This is a fantastic dollar amount of savings on higher end detectors (15%) and right now combining the VET $1200 savings and a FREE $1500 19" coil on the GPZ-7000, plus the 3 Days of Field Training we offer...what better way to enjoy ones retirement or getting all your toys purchased for those golden years.

Even the very popular Equinox 800 (true multi purpose detector) allows a VET a $135 savings.  And don't forget the FREE "Metal Detector Basics Class" I offer to all general purpose and multi use detector sales.  1st class is Saturday March 16th, provided the snow has melted.

• Like 1

I am curious why no U.S. manufacturers offer a discount to U.S. veterans. 

Minelab USA and Minelab Australia marketing are run out of different offices. The discount is through Minelab USA to it's dealer network. Why Minelab Australia does not I guess is a question for them... I don't know. When I put on my "cold hearted businessman" hat the answer I come up with is "they don't have to". In business it is all about the dollars, and you don't offer a discount if you don't have to. Could even be a cultural thing - are vet discounts common in Oz?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Could even be a cultural thing - are vet discounts common in Oz?

That’s a great question Steve. 

I personally have never seen a Veteran Discount provided by any business in Australia. 

We do have fantastic Medical Benefits for Veterans that served overseas and qualify for a ‘Gold Card’.  

But I am not aware of any other benefits a Gold Card provides.  

NE. 

• Like 2

Reading what Steve and NE posted about VET's makes me realize the difference in cultures and the change we have had in the US.  It is funny when I speak with some of my customers about a VET discount.  A few of them are ashamed and prefer to not even let folks know.  Others are proud of their service and you can see it on their sleeve or the truck they drive.  I guess that is part of the freedom of America.

As for the newer trend, I see many businesses promoting Military Discounts, Veterans Day Promotions and other saving to military.

I know we are getting a little off detecting topic so if you feel this post needs removed Steve, I do understand.  One recent VET discount I just found out.. was a great deal for me is with Verizon.  My current plan allows for a 15% Military discount and my new plan gets me a flat $35 off each months bill.  They also offer a discount for First Responders (even non military).

As for the FREE 19" coil for USA purchasers of a new GPZ-7000, I also recall a year ago that Australia was running a similar ad and we did not get the same one here in US.  I had a couple customers purchase from Australia just for the free coil.

Cabela's and Sportsman Warehouse, offer military discounts.  I bought mine at the local Sportsman Warehouse in Fairbanks, and received a military discount once I showed my retired veteran military ID.  Tried to order it online from Cabela's, but they could not ship it to Alaska because of the battery inside, and the only Cabela's store in Alaska is in Anchorage, too far from me to pick it up.

Amazon would have shipped it to my house, but I saved a few dollars by buying locally.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I love the fact that American State gives sales for Military persons. In my opinion, being in the military is one of the most dangerous and hard jobs in the world. They risk their lives to protect ours and maintain peace in the world. I think that it is very good that they have a minilab discount. My father was in the Air Forces in the past, he is very proud of it. He usually buys all his things on a site, click here, because there are a lot of sales during the year. He said that discounts are given by the state save him a lot of money and also the Minelab discount.