My Equinox " Coming Out " Statement

Hey Steve,

I was just curious what happens to the Equinox you got to test? Is Minelab going to update it for you and let you keep it? I would think they would update it for you as you've gone along as this release date nears. I think the job of metal detector tester has got to be the equivalent of video game tester in terms of bucket list jobs (if I was a teenager). :biggrin:

True prototype gear is usually destroyed. At some point I expect I will be running the same unit as everyone else.

Testing could be lots of work in theory if it was not something a person cared about. For me the fun comes in being able to communicate with people far smarter than I and learning a thing or two along the way. I enjoy associating with people that have a passion for what they do. Despite what people feel about companies overall on a personal level they all employ great people working hard to make detectors we will like.

• Like 5

That's cool to know. Attitude in life is everything. Thanks for sharing. 

I read on another site the machine will be released at the end of January . Damn another month :laugh:.

What are the two 'official' names?

EQX 11 is the coil name.  Will they be EQX 600 and EQX 800?

Just wondering the search terms.

Mitchel

Thanks Steve for all you info, I’ve been trying to soak up all the information on this site about the EQX 800 and the GM 1000.  Almost took the leap with the 1000 but decided against it in favor of possibly the EQX800.  Since I already have my Whites GMT I thought do I really need another VLF that will most likely just take up space in a closet.  With the 800 it seems I would have one of the better multipurpose detectors on the market and with the higher frequency for gold a competitive gold machine also.  I think it would complement my 5000 and SDC while providing a machine better suited for coin and jewelry also.

• Like 1

• The topic was unpinned
  • This topic was locked and unlocked