Ground Balancing The 7000

rockett

Reg - admittedly there is a little more ground balancing to start with on the ZED when compared with the GPX.  But I only find any of that necessary when in a very new area.  (and many times not even then)   Most times I will just turn it on and go with just the usual GPX pump (and no button push).   With the improvement I have had in moving from the GPX to the GPZ, putting a ferrite down once in a great while is well worth it.  :biggrin:

Davsgold - thanks, I will try that.  I'd only ever tried it from the main screens and because it didn't work I never set up my user page but maybe that is the secret. 

Andyy - I have a very good memory for very random things - but not for the things that are probably important ?

JP - also thank you. I did assume semi auto would make that taping thing completely redundant.  At the risk of getting off topic - but sort of still relevant.  There was a bit off a discussion here a few months back about ferrite balancing and I don't think we got your thoughts as you were burning the candle at both ends. It was around why do we want the Z ferrite balanced to the supplied ferrite and not to the ferrite in the ground that we are detecting?  It seems to make sense that we would want it tuned to the local ferrite but this is obviously not the case - do you know why?  

Some of the previous postulations (especially from Steve H) can be seen here  

40 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

(I highly recommend users operate in Semi Auto mode at all times)

Thank you for that tip JP.  I have had no idea whether we should be using semi auto or not. Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, I very bother rarely with the manuals GB procedure or ferrite, just go with the Z as is same as any other auto gb detector, but I concur with JP and have found the semi-auto gb seems to be the go, I say seems to be, as nothing is written in concrete in this game. Right or wrong pffff.......... it just gets the weight for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks JP,

I balance my Z the same way but after i do that i leave it relax on the ground with ferrite under the plate for 5 min and i only do this on start up.

When i pick the Z up i give it one last swing over the ferrite before i put the ferrite away.

It runs very quiet and I'm running 70% of the time in normal high yeild  in hot ground in Vic.

Reg when can we go out for a swing together with your experiance and my detector and stamina lol we could make a great team lol.

Have 4wd will travel. 

• 3 months later...