Hello Everyone

Steelheader

Just thought I should introduce myself.  I am a new member on this forum.  I have been a member on the Finds Forum and the AHRPS forum for some time, and I just found this forum.  I live in Corvallis, Oregon.  I belong to the Beaver State Coin Shooters metal detecting club here in Corvallis.  I do mostly coin and jewelry hunting at local parks and schools.  I retired from Oregon State University in 2001 after working 30+ years there.  My other main hobbies  besides metal detecting are fishing, hunting, and traditional archery.  

• Like 2

Welcome Steelheader, you're going to like it here.

The steelhead are just starting to run up the Smith River here on the northcoast of California.

Mike

Steelheader...welcome.

your "traditional archery" made me laugh just now.  Mom called me to say a rabbit is eating the last of her garden's veggies...and my father just shot it with a rubber tipped bird arrow from his something like 60 year old longbow...first shot...wonders never cease.

Welcome aboard Steelheader! I'm new today myself but thought I'd start right in on welcoming folks to the forum. I used to own 2.5 acres of land in Southern Oregon and really loved it up there. Best of luck!

BH

On 11/27/2017 at 9:42 PM, Steelheader said:

I retired from Oregon State University in 2001 after working 30+ years there.

Welcome, Steelheader, and congratulations on your retirement.  I'll be joining you in that club in about 9 months.  Take advantage of your head start and find a bunch of treasure!