Posting Dictates The Popularity Of A Detector

I was looking at the number of post for each detector and by that I come to the conclusion that posting shows the popularity of each,

At this time Minelab is leading all by a large margin.

Chuck

• Like 1

I don’t think that is quite as valid for this forum, especially with all the manufacturer forums being so new here. Findmall has a large stable of well established forums though, and the number of posts in each does seem to reflect a bit on where the action is. Brand discussions normally spike when a new model is introduced. What I have found interesting lately is not the machines that are getting heavy interest, but in how some new models are being almost totally ignored.

Steve

It just shows at this time it’s more interest in Minelab and that’s because of the Equinox. I’m sure that’s why the high post .

If for any reason feel free to delete. I don’t wish to down play the importance of other Detectors .

Chuck

Heavens, no Chuck - you have made an interesting observation for sure. :smile:

Like all data there are ups and downs that happen, but certainly longer terms trends are visible. The biggest trend though seem to be that more people are looking to Facebook and YouTube for information with forums taking more of a backseat these days.

• Like 1

Yeah, this old codger has joined Facebook because one of the properties I prospect on has FB as the only means of contact for permission. :angry:

If I post about a particular brand of detector it is because it has some feature I feel makes it more useful for me, usually it is a feature that no other brand has. Thus why the Deus, Z, QED, Monster and Equinox ticked my boxes in the last few years, I guess that is the strength of this well run 4M, I can do that here without being "shouted" down because my opinion is not the "consensus". Thus I feel on this 4M what this thread is about is very applicable, if a  particular detector gets "bandwith" here it is because it deserves it.

• Like 2

I hate FB and twitter with a passion, nothing but waffle to Air dirty laundry in public,

I prefer to talk to users via the forums,

This popularity thing is a double edged sword, It can happen because a machine is good and it can also happen because of issues, The forums have a bigger impact than the 2 sites above, the forums can make or break a machine but at leased they keep it honest and a fair playing field.

J.

• Like 1