Another Equinox 800 Pre-ordered...

Possum

Today I went and pre-ordered the Equinox 800 and with my veterans discount it was just to good to pass up. The sales rep could not or would not give up any info on its arrival, but I feel it's gonna be worth the wait, I just hope I'm not waiting for months. Even though there was small amounts of information concerning the Equinox' full potential disseminated to the public, it was enough to convience me to step up and pre-order the 800. So now starts the waiting game and the butterflies hoping I made the right choice, but from what i've been reading and the information shared by steve and others, I feel I've made the right choice.   "D"

• Like 2

D

You make the right move but just to let you know that many has made the same move.

Maybe the wait won’t be too much longer. I didn’t think it would been as long as it has now. It’s like a trip when you get on it you ride it to the end. 

I’m going to be like a sore pimple on Minelab’s butt in I want to know the price of the coils?haha

Chuck

The key thing I hope is people will understand it is more important to get this thing right as opposed to meeting artificial sales deadlines like Christmas. The ability to issue bug fixes over the internet is an insurance policy, true, but I also hope Minelab is taking the opportunity to read the feedback and perhaps make tweaks based on it. That in turn adds time to delivery but it will be time well used if it puts a better detector in your hands.

I really look forward to the day when everyone on the forum has an Equinox and we are all comparing finds and trading tuning tricks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Steve, I totally understand your point and upon receiving the Equinox I'll be a part of the Equinox family learning the machine and its potentials, discovering and reporting any bugs, which with all new things you can expect and hopefully help make this the machine we're all hoping it to be... "D" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ridge Runner said:

D

You make the right move but just to let you know that many has made the same move.

Maybe the wait won’t be too much longer. I didn’t think it would been as long as it has now. It’s like a trip when you get on it you ride it to the end. 

I’m going to be like a sore pimple on Minelab’s butt in I want to know the price of the coils?haha

Chuck

Thanks Chuck,  I have no problem with the wait as long as what Steve has pointed out, that Minelab will look at what people are wanting and expecting an they make the changes and tweak the machine, that is if it needs it and provide a quality unit that will stand out above all in its class. Once again thanks Chuck for the input and advise, it's alway welcome by me,  after all isn't this what the intent of this forum is all about, to share thoughts, advice and ideas? Let's hope other's do the same... "D" 

I just pre-ordered the Enox 800 mainly because I'm hoping it will be deeper that my CTX3030 in my bad soil. Kellyco rep. said that they have been led to believe they will receive a shipment before Christmas. However, with all the hype and pre-orders world wide. the first shipment may not cover all the pre-orders.

• Sad 1

D

You’re right this is the most helpful bunch you can find anywhere.

One thing here there is no stupid question here. If one don’t know the answer another will and all is more than willing to help.

The best

Chuck

• Like 2

I suspect that with the worldwide level of interest in the Equinox the demand on the initial production will be huge.  I'm imagining many months lead time for those of us who haven't pre-ordered and probably for many who have.

Here, in the north, metal detecting season has pretty much wound down thanks to the frost and snow anyway.  I'll sit back by the wood stove and watch the reviews trickle in for the next several months and pull the trigger when the supply catches up with the demand.

I have pre-ordered my Equinox 800 on Monday November 27th. I did contact Minelab directly on November 17 about the battery issue and I was happy with their answer that came as soon as the contact came in his office that morning...impressed! His answer was the same Steve posted the same day as a quote from Minelab. The Minelab rep. suggested I joined Steve's blog for an honest view of all detectors, not just Minelab's. After reading that Steve had sold several of his detectors to be replaced by the Equinox 800, I decided to trust his judgement and ordered mine. 

Thank you Steve,

Tyran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m very excited to get my hands on this detector and put it in the water. I also pre-ordered the 800 and was told I’m 3rd on the list so here’s hoping!