New Wireless Headphones By Minelab

Can we ask him how big his nuggets are yet?  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Thanks Steve.  I hope your suggestions are helping them with the final release.  Is the volume enough or do you need the booster?

Mitchel

I think Minelab finally saw the light about so many of their old machines having soft or weak audio. The Gold Monster is actually LOUD! And Equinox is no problem either with plenty of excess volume available.

• Like 2

The best part about excess volume is the sound when it is under 50% used! It is like an idling car with a big engine.  You KNOW what you've got.  In many cases you never use it.  Many of us now listen to our detectors more than music and I always wanted lots of power with my stereo.

Steve, as ML have as you say upped their detectors volume output (certainly on the Monster) then this deaf old codger will celebrate the day he can throw away those bloody nuisance boosters that don`t matter where you place them they are a problem,  if Steve you are instrumental in getting a bit of volume out of ML I`ll have an extra drink to you every day I detect. Bloody cluttering up wireless with wired boosters :angry:

I am hard of hearing - and not fond of boosters when a detector should be doing that already. So yeah, I bring it up whenever I can! I love the fact that I don't have to use headphones with the Monster.

I have to wonder if these "new wireless headphones" are not possibly just a rumor offshoot of Equinox. It will have wireless built in and there are wireless headphones that come with the Equinox 800. Nice little set, just big enough to go completely over my ears (people with big ears may have issues in that regard). Light, comfortable, decent sound for what is probably not audiophile grade gear. I doubt Minelab makes them since almost any Bluetooth or aptX Bluetooth will work. Anyway, nice little set, and maybe it is the source of this rumor.

minelab-equinox-aptx-bluetooth-headphones-3011-0370.jpg

Minelab Bluetooth / apt-X Low Latency Headphones - Headphones come with regular Bluetooth technology, but also have enhanced, super-fast apt-X Low Latency technology for minimal time delay. Can also be connected directly to the detector's 3.5mm (1/8-inch) headphone socket for wired use, via the included aux cable. Part No. 3011-0370

Now the problem with a booster is going to be where can you plug it in.  I think the use of the booster with the WM12 or 10 is ok because I can attach both of them to my cap.  I can't do this with the 2300.  I have a set of wireless headphones with a separate transmitter but the connections are not compatible with the B&Z.

Mitchel