goldseeker4000

New Wireless Headphones By Minelab

That would require a transmitter box or dongle since the Gold Monster does not have built in wireless, and such a system should work with other detectors. I would not be surprised to see something based on the new WM08 module being developed for the Equinox.

Minelab in my opinion needs to start over with wireless to a certain extent and come up with a system that is common to all their machines. Right now the CTX wireless, GPZ wireless, and Pro-Sonic wireless are all basically incompatible. Just start with the new system and phase out or retrofit the rest over time. 

• Thanks 1

You are correct Steve these headphone will be universal for their detectors. I'm tired of kneeling on my headphone cord for the Monster. Awsome detector, bad headphones.

Would be lovely no doubt if the CTX, Z and ProSonic were compatible wireless systems, I`d have the ProSonic remote on both the CTX and the Z in an instant. Now a wireless headphone seems to be on the agenda, hopefully it will be say compatible with the ProSonic to get some kind of compatibility going. I note the Equinox listed specs. state that ordinary Bluetooth headphones are compatible(if I`m reading them correctly), as well as aptX etc. maybe ML are sorting out a standard, but with advances in tech that can hold progress back pffff who knows.

I can say right now that the aptX Bluetooth on Equinox is superb and all I require. If there is a lag it is so small I don't notice it at all. Regular Bluetooth is included just to extend compatibility to nearly all Bluetooth devices, though there will be lag that some will not like, especially in dense targets. Others who swing for long periods between targets probably won't care.

The real standard setting is happening with Bluetooth and eventually a version will be fast enough and gain widespread acceptance. Then these proprietary fixes can go away.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I can say right now that the aptX Bluetooth on Equinox is superb and all I require. If there is a lag it is so small I don't notice it at all. Regular Bluetooth is included just to extend compatibility to nearly all Bluetooth devices, though there will be lag that some will not like, especially in dense targets. Others who swing for long periods between targets probably won't care.

The real standard setting is happening with Bluetooth and eventually a version will be fast enough and gain widespread acceptance. Then these proprietary fixes can go away.

Thanks Steve.  I hope your suggestions are helping them with the final release.  Is the volume enough or do you need the booster?

Mitchel

Sure did but we are a bit behind, check out the Equinox Fan club. Thought something was on a few months ago, tis the way Steve was holding his head.:wink:

• Like 1

Can't say I'm surprised, a quality reviewer with a fair and balanced approach. 

Bravo Zulu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      These are available at some dealers now. Headphone Adaptor Cable 3.5mm (1/8-inch) to 6.35mm (1/4-inch) Part No. 3011-0369 $40.00

Minelab Equinox 1/8" male waterproof connection to 1/4" female non-waterproof connection
      I plan on wading a lot with the Equinox and this creates a waterproof connection to the detector itself. The cable is two feet long and reaches just about to my shoulder. Main gripe - the straight connection once it makes that 180 degree bend gives up some length. To prevent stress from pulling on this constantly the cable should be affixed to the detector itself so the cable does not get stressed repeatedly where it makes the bend.
      This is a good solution for people who want to hunt in the water but do not need to put their head in the water, and so who do not need the waterproof headphones. The cable also mates directly to the WM08 module for those who wish to use it for that purpose.
      Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page
      Do be aware there is a compatibility issue as regards the Equinox external speaker. If headphones and adapters are not wired correctly the speaker will keep going even with headphones plugged in. Here is the Minelab article on the subject. As far as I know this applies to the CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, and both Equinox models. I use Sun Ray Pro Gold (CTX version) headphones which are wired to work properly with the Minelab units.

Minelab headphone wiring diagram
    • By Andy2640
      Hi fellow detectorists,
      I used the WM-08 for the first time yesterday.  Before this i was using 2 methods, the Bluetooth supplied e phones (Very slow lag) and then the wired setup directly into the nox.  Trouble was with the wired, i kept getting tangled up, and ripping the phones from my noggin! 
      The WM-08 setup was great, fast, comfortable and defo thew way to go!!
      And so im looking at getting some new "high quality" and "high performance" Head phones.  In the running so far are:
      Grey Ghost NDT
      Black Widows
      And this one intrigued me ....  Clear sound Sovereign (sold at detecknicks)   Although it makes me wonder, as the company that makes them seemingly based in the netherlands, however another company "C-Scope" seem to sell the same phones, but with their own brand??  Weird, perhaps generic??  If so... where are they made?? China???   HELP!!! lol
      Bose

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, i did do a search, but couldnt see too much about this.

Thanks guys n gals!! 
      Andy.

• By unearth
      Hello All-
      Looking for some info/advice on some Nox waterproof headphones. Has anybody bought a pair? If so, what pair did you get? How do you like them? My hearing is a bit impaired trying to hear the high conductor signals so I try to get headphones that are a bit loud or have a volume control on the headphones. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    • By Thegoldenone
      My Equinox has been under the water at least 40 hours before this happened! The first thing that I noticed was interference, like the cell phone being too close... then she just went dead!!
      Bummer!
      And for anyone thinking about getting the Minelab waterproof headphones? Put on your headphones, turn the volume on your machine down to somewhere around 14 and see if you'd like to hunt like that? That's how low the sound is on the Minelab waterproof headphones!
      Surely the waterproof headphones were an afterthought for Minelab because I don't think you could hear them if you were under water breathing through a hookah or air tanks!
      I'm not sure but maybe they can come up with a download that will help with the volume! 
      I'm just waiting for Minelab to get back to me so I can send it in.....
      Other than all the little and now an end of days problem........  I love this machine! I have over an ounce of gold jewelry that I have pulled off one beach in about 70 hrs of detecting! 

• By Steve Herschbach
      If stuff is only worth what it sells for, bad news for Minelab. My new in sealed plastic bag WM08 with the charger cable, $259 from Minelab, just sold after a 10 day auction on eBay for $87
      I am not terribly surprised because like most people I am just fine with aptX Bluetooth on my Equinox. However, I am keeping one WM08 around for use with my earbuds.