New Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page

Wow, I guess I still get surprised now and then. Minelab has yet to learn that the time to sell accessories is when a customer has the credit card out and is buying the detector. Time to talk accessories. Now, no coil prices, no ETA - that is going to cost them and dealers lots of accessory sales. Many people will get the detector and after the excitement dies down, decide the stock coil is good enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Wow, I guess I still get surprised now and then. Minelab has yet to learn that the time to sell accessories is when a customer has the credit card out and is buying the detector. Time to talk accessories. Now, no coil prices, no ETA - that is going to cost them and dealers lots of accessory sales. Many people will get the detector and after the excitement dies down, decide the stock coil is good enough.

and there will be no cheap, 'lightly used' ones on the market either, lol

On 1/18/2018 at 9:06 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The most important accessory to me is the charging cable, part No. 3011-0368 . I plan on picking up a couple extras as soon as they are made available. One for the glove box, and another for the carrying case. Being stuck with a low/dead battery, and no way to charge it would be awful.   I also have a 7 month old Labrador that loves chewing on anything. I don't want to take any chances! :biggrin:

I imagine Minelab will sell more charging cables then any other accessory by far.  People will be opening up their wallets to buy these cables. And when they do,  they will probably buy other accessories as well.  I know I will.  Hopefully the charging cables, waterproof headphones, and 6" coil are available at release, or soon after. 

1 hour ago, tsunamiscott said:

The most important accessory to me is the charging cable, part No. 3011-0368 . I plan on picking up a couple extras as soon as they are made available. One for the glove box, and another for the carrying case. Being stuck with a low/dead battery, and no way to charge it would be awful.   I also have a 7 month old Labrador that loves chewing on anything. I don't want to take any chances! :biggrin:

Absolutely, thank you! I do need to double check something however. The Equinox 800 may come with two charging cables, one for the detector, and one for the WM08. It is the same cable, and it would be crazy to not be able to charge the WM08 while you are charging your detector. Time for an email to clarify.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Absolutely, thank you! I do need to double check something however. The Equinox 800 may come with two charging cables, one for the detector, and one for the WM08. It is the same cable, and it would be crazy to not be able to charge the WM08 while you are charging your detector. Time for an email to clarify.

the what's included photo shows the wm08 getting its own cable. so 2 will suffice for me, 1 home, 1 car

3 minutes ago, TabZilla said:

The photo of the carton contents you posted shows two charging cables. 

It is on page 4 of the thread.

the official minelab page for the 800 shows "carton contents" and 2 are shown

• Like 1

Oops, duh, ignore that confused old guy post :laugh:. The Equinox 800 carton contents photo the I POSTED MYSELF does show the Equinox 800 comes with two cables - problem solved! However, the 1/8” To 1/4” headphone adapter is not included, the source of my confusion.

Now you Equinox 600 owners, the very first accessory you buy had better be a spare charger cable. Since I am an Alaskan I could probably make one with enough baling wire and duct tape but it would be really ugly and take some time. Better to just have a spare.

minelab-equinox-standard-equipment-included.jpg

• Thanks 1

That's great 2 cables are included! I will still order an extra one since it's a propitiatory cable.  Having a spare is cheap insurance.

• Like 2