New Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page

I’d like to have that 6” coil for Equinox but that don’t look like that’s going to happen soon.It don’t have to come from Minelab . 

Chuck

Looking for a solution to convert my brand new CTX GG Amphibians to use on the Equinox...I just called Detector Pro and they stated that Minelab had the male connector on the Equinox made specifically for them(proprietary). It will be another 2+ months before Detector Pro can obtain the connector...if Minelab works with them! 

I've sent a few PMs looking for an adapter....this is getting frustrating and ML needs to provide an update on their waterproof headphones.:angry:

I'm just glad I don't live near a beach,

Bill

• Like 2

Ya well........ ive did so much whinning people are starting to offer me cheese.  We are getting the same ole phones used on the Xcal for YEARS...... and its not like they didnt know the machine was waterproof and needed them.   Big SNAFU........ or worse intended marketing.  What IF Ron D cant work out a deal with ML on the GGA and they DONT release the cable?    Machines been out a month or two..... still dont know if its waterproof or what extended time in salt water might do.  Hey..... but i asked ML for a pair to test lol.

• Like 1

It's not that difficult to make your own headphone cable, I've seen a few examples already. 

Some enterprising person could easily start cranking out some adapters before ML gets around to it.

I'm far more concerned about coils, so far we have a pretty good detector with only one coil available.  Two more are promised (with no ETA in sight) and anyone that's interested in using the EQ800 for prospecting (or relic hunting) is chomping at the bit for a closed 4" x 10" or something around that size, as the 11" round open loop coil is less then optimal for prospecting, and relic hunting in environs with brush, lots of rocks, etc.

I still can’t believe that Minelab has yet to offer other coils for the Equinox. I find myself putting aside the 800 and picking up another detector because of the small coil on it. Had I known now that it would be a while before we had other coils for the Equinox I’d waited to get the 800.

Understand I’m very happy with my 800 and all it can do but I just don’t like to swing a large coil unless I have too.

Old saying I use from time to time.

Wish in one hand and spit in the other to see what one gets full the fastest.

So far my cup is running over with spit or hand that is.

Chuck

Resurrection 

I can’t say we bring it back from the dead because it yet has to be.

I’m talking about that 6” coil I want for Equinox 800. Minelab this is just to let you know that whatever I should have is wearing thin. I find myself in the need of chap stick in a place that I had not need before.

If you wish to stay in my good graces for I say This humbly give me that 6” coil I want.

Chuck

• Like 1

You guys are funny. 100's of guys are still waiting patiently for their Equinox 800 to be delivered and because you have yours you want the accessories asap. The smaller coils I used on my other detectors I waited until I knew it pretty well before I bought a smaller coil and that's when I learned to appreciate it's benefits.

We all know the advantages a smaller coil has but right now the ability of the Equinox 800 to grab a diggable target amongst trash and aluminum is pretty darn good.

I am sure as soon as Minelab gets caught up on production back orders they will start producing accessories. 

Right now I am detector poor having just bought a CTX3030 and have an E-Trac plus the 800. I haven't touched the other two detectors since I received my 800. Heck I barley know how to turn on the CTX. To save my marriage I had to sell my AT Pro and my V3i so I could buy the 800. 

If I started talking accessories I would have to tell my wife I needed a 6" coil because of a new law that was passed requiring the use of 6" coils on all Multi IQ detectors. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2