New Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page

I know I’m not the smartest rock in the box but I’d like to know ( now get ready because I’m about to ask a question) why Minelab can’t come up with a price like something as simple as a coil??

Here a company like Minelab make a big step in the future with a detector like the Equinox and put a price on it but yet to put one on a coil to go with it.

The answer to this question should be interesting if one is to be had.

Down and out in Texas !

Chuck

• Like 1

Are you frustrated about not having a published price or because they likely won’t be available before Equinox ships?

Regarding publishing the price, there is no reason why they couldn’t.  But from their perspective there is also no reason why they should (annoying, I know).  In comparison, publishing the price for the Equinox as early as they did, on the other hand, was purely a marketing decision to capture buyers and keep them from plunking down cash on an AT Max.  They are only selling the coils to Equinox buyers so putting a price out in advance of sales will not Impact whether someone will buy a coil especially since there is no 3rd party competition (for now).

However, I do agree, as Steve and others have pointed out, that they have missed an opportunity to make some sales by not having accessories also available for preorder.  But this is generally par for the course for detector manufacturers.  Accessory coils and even the compatible wireless headsets for the Nokta Impact were not available for several weeks after Impact launch.

As long as they post the price when they are actually built and for sale, that’s good enough for me.  It’s going to be what it’s going to be.

I’d like to have it at the same time the Equinox is being shipped. If I had the option of buying another coil from someone else that would work on the Equinox I’d do it.

It just came to me that Minelab wants to surprise us with one free. That’s only the ones who pre- ordered their Equinox.

Chuck

• Haha 1

People want to know what they are buying into, and coils are part of the ecosystem. Equinox will look like less of a bargain if the coils are priced like CTX coils. X-Terra type coil pricing fits more with the retail price of the detectors, but nothing says that is what Minelab is going to do. I therefore understand why this is a question that is tops on many peoples minds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good point.  Could have some bearing on those who have not yet made the decision to buy.  But still probably a low # compared to those that have bought in already, regardless.  Also, just knowing a six inch coil will be on the shelf is good enough for me.  I will take the weeks needed to learn the machine then get around to purchasing the coil when available.  Wish a medium sized elliptical was on the horizon. Coming from Deus, any "normal" accessory coil price seems like a bargain.  Lol.

• Like 1

What could the rationale possibly be for not posting the price of the waterproof headphones?  With so much interest on the forums in beach / saltwater detecting there must be thousands of folks who would want to tack on the waterproof headphones to their Nox order.  What does holding back on the waterproof headphone price at this stage in the game accomplish other than frustrating a lot of customers?  I want the 800 AND the waterproof headphones and want to be able to figure out what the bottom line is going to be before I decide to pull the trigger.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TedinVT said:

What could the rationale possibly be for not posting the price of the waterproof headphones?  With so much interest on the forums in beach / saltwater detecting there must be thousands of folks who would want to tack on the waterproof headphones to their Nox order.  What does holding back on the waterproof headphone price at this stage in the game accomplish other than frustrating a lot of customers?  I want the 800 AND the waterproof headphones and want to be able to figure out what the bottom line is going to be before I decide to pull the trigger.

Add $150 (CTX phones price) to the 800 price and you pretty much have it bracketed.  I am more frustrated about not having an availability date for the phones, than a price.  But as long as they are available b4 May, that will be ok with me.

• Like 1

I’m just not good at letting a sleeping dog lie.

I’ve been asking for a price on Minelab 6” coil for the Equinox that I have yet to receive.

It’s odd how what you did want and what you want now turns out to be two different things. By that I mean just let me have my Equinox and I’ll worry about the coil later.

Someone said I had other detectors to play with and I need to do that . Yes that’s true but I’m just a big kid at heart and all the way down to the souls of my shoes. I’m like a kid in a candy store and that is I want it now . I just can’t express just how hard all this waiting and stress has took so much out of me I may never be the same again.

If you believe all this bull I’ve written then you’re worse off that I am.

Isn’t life fun ! ?

Chuck

• Haha 2