18" Elite Delivers !!

The 18'' Elte is a great coil, and performs well on both my GPX and QED.No doubt that it punches deeper.

• Like 2

Nice work Wanderer...working ashes I see...smarts and effort is paying off....that  California  gold sure is pretty

strick

• Like 1

Very nice nuggets. Have you ever cleaned your nuggets in muriatic acid? It works amazingly well. I have an article in ICMJ prospecting & mining journal that I wrote from I think this past May called cleaning sampling and hydroshocking quartz gold specimens. If you haven't read it, check it out. Very informative.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, AuWanderer said:

Thanks goldseeker, I will check out your article. I have been using wink on some pieces. Usually all I use is some water and soft toothbrush to clean the pieces. 

I've mentioned this before somewhere else, but try baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and an initial clean-up.  If you don't think the gold is clean enough, you can go farther with other 'harsher' methods.  Just fill a shot glass half full with H2O2 and then put enough baking soda so that there is still some undissolved after a vigorous stirring.  This solution will do a great job getting into all the nooks and crannies to get the dirt out.  From what I can tell so far, it doesn't change the gold in any other way.  I've used Muriatic acid in the past and I don't like how it 'bleaches' out the reddish/iron features of the gold I find around here.  Just a suggestion....

.....and I think I want my coil back.  :biggrin:

Congrats on some more awesome gold.  Keep at it, those ground cover plants will grow back fast.

Good Luck !!  :smile:

Luke

• Like 2