Brigitte Bardot is Tougher Then She Looks

strick

Had mine out in the pouring rain and mud the other day and the control box took a total bath for at least 2 hours strait. Despite the mud and rain she is still running perfect. I see guys buying water proof covers for the control box....I'm gonna keep running mine commando and see what happens...

strick

Much as I like Brigette, she works better when her brain isn't soaked. I was with a couple of dozen Deus users in Denmark in September. They are all very careful to keep the all-to-common Danish rain off their control boxes with a baggie.

Nice thing about the DEUS is you actually do not need the control box. If it is raining, just leave that at home. The backphones are not only waterproof but work well under a wide brim hate. No sense tempting fate!

From the owners manual "The remote control of your detector is not waterproof. In wet weather be sure to protect it!"

Lots of control box options also from baggie to cell phone cases to the waterproof XP case.

post-1-0-56194100-1417972915_thumb.jpg

I have a pair of their WS5 headphones....supposedly water proof also but could not figure out how to use them. My brother was using my CTX.  Guess I got lucky this time and I'm not one to temp fate too often so I'll learn how to use the headphones before the next wet weather outing. I will say however that the control box has some water resistance properties because it was used in pouring rain and mud with no adverse sufferings .

strick