Equinox & Salt Water

Finally a video of the Equinox being used in saltwater. I never doubted it! https://www.facebook.com/mathijs.laan/videos/10154860290886222/

• Like 2

Thanks for that . Heard that Neil Jones in UK or his other name "Slow & Low" did a test but it was on Facebook and i am not on there .

Looks like i will have to have 2 Equinox , but the second 1 will have to wait for a while .

Still , my Explorer's and ET do just fine , will continue to use them for a while.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tsunamiscott said:

Finally a video of the Equinox being used in saltwater. I never doubted it! https://www.facebook.com/mathijs.laan/videos/10154860290886222/

8 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

Thanks for that . Heard that Neil Jones in UK or his other name "Slow & Low" did a test but it was on Facebook and i am not on there .

Looks like i will have to have 2 Equinox , but the second 1 will have to wait for a while .

Still , my Explorer's and ET do just fine , will continue to use them for a while.

Slow & Low, I like that name! He has the whitest legs I've ever seen. https://www.facebook.com/mathijs.laan/videos/10154856002166222/

Looks like he's going the extra mile testing the Equinox, :laugh:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tsunamiscott said:

Slow & Low, I like that name! He has the whitest legs I've ever seen. https://www.facebook.com/mathijs.laan/videos/10154856002166222/

I know someone who would say finally ! Not me though .

Equinox is a multifrequency Minelab - of course it will do well at the saltwater beach. That part should never have been a doubt for anyone. It is people selling single frequency detectors for saltwater use that a person should doubt!

I don’t however see anything here that lays the question of CTX or Excalibur versus Equinox to rest for those who are asking such questions. Minelab of course really does not care about that question. They simply want you to buy a Minelab. The main concern for Minelab is how does the Equinox stack up against other waterproof VLF detectors at the beach. Outside of Minelab, what are the alternatives for a brand new waterproof metal detector for use in saltwater? The only other brand VLF detector that comes up constantly in comparisons for saltwater use is the Fisher CZ-21. Other than that and the PI detectors, Minelab multifrequency has ruled the saltwater beach for a long time. Equinox will just tighten Minelab’s already firm hold on that market. For people wanting to hunt saltwater with a VLF, the question now is not so much which brand to get, but simply which Minelab to get.

Waterproof Metal Detectors Compared

waterproof-metal-detector-roundup-chart.jpg

It doesn't answer any competitive question, you're correct. The video does give people a little taste of what the Equinox can, and cannot do, nothing more. People will have to test those detectors for themselves to come to any conclusion as to which they prefer. Until then, I look forward to more videos, and any new feedback from testers about the Equinox.:smile:

• Like 1

I have full faith the Nox is going to be a great detector and for the avid, DEDICATED detectorist it's going to be great, in the wet sand, the water, the dry sand and the dirt. The problem is going to come with all the other folks who will buy it expecting it to do the work. The Nox won't do research, won't swing itself etc. People who have done well on the beach will tell you they have many days of lead weights and bobbie pins and $.13 in a nickel and 8 zincs. I can only imagine how many people are going to buy the EQ, hit the beach and get nothing but aluminum balls and declare the Equinox a loser. 

I have a friend who I detect with often who claims his detector sucks for finding rings whereas mine must be a great ring finding machine because I find rings. The difference is not the detector but us. He won't dig pulltab/nickel signals because 99% of the time they're trash. I dig mostly everything and he's right, 99% of the time it's trash. It's that 1% that makes all the difference. 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, tsunamiscott said:

Until then, I look forward to more videos, and any new feedback from testers about the Equinox.:smile:

Me too. I let the cat out if the bag up front. I pretty much just sold all my other VLF detectors and have no real intention of using any VLF except the Equinox going forward. I know what I think, and so more than most people I am more curious about what others think. So please do post whatever tidbits you find wherever you find them. :cool:

3 hours ago, tsunamiscott said:

He is from Yorkshire , they all have extra white legs :D 

He gets his name from the way he detects with Minelabs .

He is mad , how could he go into the cold water with no footwear and it is cold.