Airline Worthy Hard Shell Case

Good deal at Sam's Club: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/24in-protective-case-member-s-mark/prod21372505.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

Apparently not carried in all brick-and-mortar Sam's Club stores but mine has them on sale for $40.  Below is a picture showing it next to my ($150 from Amazon) smaller Pelican case.  Note the long lower shaft from a White's TDI (26.75 inch length) which fits diagonally in this larger case.  I had to improvise when travelling with my TDI and the Pelican.  (Despite what my cat thinks, these are not qualified as a cat carriers!)  The Pelican shown is allowed as carry-on although I haven't used it as such.  The main value to me is that most cases can be damaged by rough (human) baggage handlers of checked luggage.  Both of these came filled with polyfoam blocks.  The retractable handle on the Sam's Club case seems a lot cheesier than the one on the Pelican.  The Pelican wheel housings are more recessed (so less likely to break off with rough treatment).  Other than those they appear to be of similar quality.  NOTE:  I don't think it is as well made as a Pelican case in the fine details, but I think it would do the job of transporting metal detectors, for example, just as well.

I've travelled with both the White's TDI/SPP and Gold Bug Pro simultaneously packed in the Pelican, with two coils each, extra batteries, Lesche hand spade, etc.  (Exception being the long lower rod section of the TDI as mentioned above.)  I'm thinking I may be able to get three detectors into this larger case.  ("How many detectors do you need??"  I'll answer that when I have enough!)

100_0305.JPG

• Like 2