I have an extremely good nose for scams. You would not believe the things people have tried to pull over on me in over 35 years in retail. There is something not right about that whole Moe thing but if the people involved won't contact the authorities in Bethel to figure it out then there is nothing more I can do there.

I agree you shouldn't have to babysit the service. Perhaps people can do their exchange with PayPal and use the PP protection. The transactions should not be your responsibility. Overall you got a good crowd here. 

• Like 1

I use Paypal as do most. But some people insist on Family & Friends, which removes all protections. The ads are just ads - people have to use whatever payment methods make them comfortable. For me, PayPal verified address only or postal money orders. Bank certified checks are completely worthless. Perfect counterfeits exist of these and personal checks. Thieves avoid postal money orders as a rule because of the severe federal penalties and they have extra layers of protection including a verification service.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 8:34 AM, Johnnysalami1957 said:

Do I need to say anything about this? Enjoy.

Re: Treasure Classifieds - Someone has a question about your listing

I got one better than that. This is extortion. I forwarded this to the FBI;

Hello, I know your password: truedged

Your computer was infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access and control over your computer, meaning, I got access to all your accounts (see password above) and I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I collected all your private data and I RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces.

I can send this video to all your contacts (email, social network), on the whole web, I can publish absolutly everything I found on your computer!

Only you can prevent me from doing this and you know that's no joke - you got the proof above!

Transfer exactly 1200$ with the current bitcoin (BTC) price to my bitcoin address.

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible shit that will happen if I publish everything!

You can easily buy bitcoin here: www.paxful.com , www.coingate.com , www.coinbase.com , or check for bitcoin ATM near you, or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the bitcoin directly to my address, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ , then receive and send to mine.

My bitcoin address is: 12EMaHiZG75ztkjUjuPZhQDcyW89qRJVuR

Copy and paste my address, it's (cAsE-sEnSEtiVE)

I give you 3 days time pay.

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure that you read it, my mailer script is configured like this and after payment you can ignore it.
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web.

Just now, rled2005 said:

I got one better than that. This is extortion. I forwarded this to the FBI;

Hello, I know your password: truedged

Your computer was infected with my malware, RAT (Remote Administration Tool), your browser wasn't updated / patched, in such case it's enough to just visit some website where my iframe is placed to get automatically infected, if you want to find out more - Google: "Drive-by exploit".

My malware gave me full access and control over your computer, meaning, I got access to all your accounts (see password above) and I can see everything on your screen, turn on your camera or microphone and you won't even notice about it.

I collected all your private data and I RECORDED YOU (through your webcam) SATISFYING YOURSELF!

After that I removed my malware to not leave any traces.

I can send this video to all your contacts (email, social network), on the whole web, I can publish absolutly everything I found on your computer!

Only you can prevent me from doing this and you know that's no joke - you got the proof above!

Transfer exactly 1200$ with the current bitcoin (BTC) price to my bitcoin address.

It's a very good offer, compared to all that horrible shit that will happen if I publish everything!

You can easily buy bitcoin here: www.paxful.com , www.coingate.com , www.coinbase.com , or check for bitcoin ATM near you, or Google for other exchanger.
You can send the bitcoin directly to my address, or create your own wallet first here: www.login.blockchain.com/en/#/signup/ , then receive and send to mine.

My bitcoin address is: 12EMaHiZG75ztkjUjuPZhQDcyW89qRJVuR

Copy and paste my address, it's (cAsE-sEnSEtiVE)

I give you 3 days time pay.

As I got access to this email account, I will know if this email has already been read.
If you get this email multiple times, it's to make sure that you read it, my mailer script is configured like this and after payment you can ignore it.
After receiving the payment, I will remove everything and you can life your live in peace like before.

Next time update your browser before browsing the web.

*It's an old password that I don't use anymore.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:07 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

I have an extremely good nose for scams. You would not believe the things people have tried to pull over on me in over 35 years in retail. There is something not right about that whole Moe thing but if the people involved won't contact the authorities in Bethel to figure it out then there is nothing more I can do there.

Steve, I got stiffed with Postal Money Orders. The Post Office did squat to investigate. The scammer got his money cashed and split. Probably to another state.

10 minutes ago, rled2005 said:

Steve, I got stiffed with Postal Money Orders. The Post Office did squat to investigate. The scammer got his money cashed and split. Probably to another state.

I am sorry to hear that but good to know. Unfortunately nothing is 100% these days. Though by the way you are wording it you seem to be saying you paid with money orders and got ripped off? That I can see easily happening and I would not expect the Post Office to do anything about that. I mean that if you take a Postal Money Order they are generally safer than, for instance, a certified bank check. I still do not and won’t worry about taking Postal Money Orders, just did this week as a matter of fact. But mailing them as payment is no safer than mailing cash and I did not mean to imply otherwise.

I still prefer PayPal overall as long as you don’t purposefully override the built in protections by opting for family and friends to save a few bucks. Completely defeats the purpose of using PayPal in my opinion. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am sorry to hear that but good to know. Unfortunately nothing is 100% these days. Though by the way you are wording it you seem to be saying you paid with money orders and got ripped off? That I can see easily happening and I would not expect the Post Office to do anything about that. I mean that if you take a Postal Money Order they are generally safer than, for instance, a certified bank check. I still do not and won’t worry about taking Postal Money Orders, just did this week as a matter of fact. But mailing them as payment is no safer than mailing cash and I did not mean to imply otherwise.

I still prefer PayPal overall as long as you don’t purposefully override the built in protections by opting for family and friends to save a few bucks. Completely defeats the purpose of using PayPal in my opinion. 

Paypal only for me!

• Like 2