Do I need to say anything about this? Enjoy.

Re: Treasure Classifieds - Someone has a question about your listing

Reply|
Today, 10:39 AM
You
Good morning John,

I am okay with the Terms and Condition of sale as seen on the advert including Your Final asking Price as Stated.I have gone through the content of the advert once again am very satisfy.Payment will be made out via a Check which will be issue to you for the payment and pick up will be arrange after the Check is Fully Cleared by your Bank.I will not be able to come over to view it because i'm always busy at work but i believe that all the details of the advert are right and will want update about the Service History. You don't have to worry yourself about the shipment, My Shipper will take care of pick up as soon as you confirm the payment is Cleared by your Bank. let me know if there is any other miscellaneous payment like,the tax charges, etc that will be added to it.Transportation and maintenance cost will be added to the Total amount that will be issued on the Check. it will be used By My shipper who will be coming for the Pick Up at your location after your bank confirms cash available for use.My shipper is the one that will act on my behalf regards the documentation of the change of ownership so any signation will be sign by my shipper pick up and other all necessary detail information will be fill by shipper so don't worry yourself about the change of ownership documentation will be taken care by my shipper.Get Back to me with information listed below in order to make out the Check and payment will be issued and send via first class Mail

Name to Be Write on The Check
Address To Send the Check To so you receive and get it Deposited in your bank.
Your Phone Numbers.

Many Thanks.
Daniel.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I had one just like this, just this week. I posted a wood stove for sale on Craigslist and get an email just like Johnny's, bad English and sentence structure too.

Fortunately I have been around the block a time or two and recognized it for what it was. I sent this reply by email which ended any further contact.

Avoiding Scams

Deal locally, face-to-face �follow this one rule and avoid 99% of scam attempts.
Do not extend payment to anyone you have not met in person.
Beware offers involving shipping - deal with locals you can meet in person.
Never wire funds (e.g. Western Union) - anyone who asks you to is a scammer.
Don't accept cashier/certified checks or money orders - banks cash fakes, then hold you responsible.
Transactions are between users only, no third party provides a "guarantee".
Never give out financial info (bank account, social security, paypal account, etc).
Do not rent or purchase sight-unseen�that amazing "deal" may not exist.
Refuse background/credit checks until you have met landlord/employer in person.

• Like 5

Yes I've had that type of reply on Craigslist.  It's amazing what they'll come up with next. 

• 4 weeks later...

I follow the old Golden Rule, if it sounds to good to be true, it most likely is. Stay Away ...................

• 11 months later...

I almost got taken after receiving several emails from this website on a detector that I had mentioned in a post long ago but had yet to advertise,  until I questioned Steve, and he set me straight.

The guy wanted to pay with Paypal, $2,000,  but have somebody local pick it up. And he had never actually posted here before plus his language made it sound like one of them Nigerian con artist schemes. He swore up and down he was legit and an artist and had an FB page to prove it.

I told him to leave me alone.

-Tom V.

Banks like to have agreements making the customer the bagholder if anything goes wrong, allowing them to suck from one account to cover something in another, even if it was the banks carelessnes that allowed the fraud. That's why it's wise not to use the same bank for everything. If you maintain a balance in your PayPal account, that balance is always hostage. I don't know if Paypal will also try to suck from your linked non-Paypal accounts, if something goes wrong and it wants you to be the bagholder.