Note from Steve Herschbach. This member (Rods) was a scammer who joined the forum and worked the system to place a rip off ad. It was rather sophisticated compared to most so I moved the thread to this “scam thread” to preserve the discussion.

Hmmm, you pulled the ad without responding to my perceived and possibly incorrect issues. Maybe I offended you and if so I am sorry but if that is too much for you to bear it’s ok by me. I am taking the lack of response as confirmation and pushing the ban button. Assuming at this point you are a scammer I have to say your command of English and your ability to mirror conversations is getting pretty sophisticated. Good to know... Thanks!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Not that I would have purchased this machine Steve but THANKS for keeping an eye out for these type of things.

Zap, Pow!!  The Forum Warden strikes again ?

• Haha 2

On 2/12/2019 at 9:11 AM, Rods said:

no longer available.

Looks like the detector and "Rods" are both "no longer available"..........:ph34r:

My BS/scam detector was screaming like a GPX on a manhole cover.

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You could require a phone # and physical address for people placing ads on the admin side hidden from the public. That might discourage some the scammers. 

• Like 1

And then I have to verify it how? It's a free service I offer and I am doing more than most out there to deter scammers, but the bottom line is it is 100% on the purchaser as far as I am concerned. There are very simple ways to protect yourself, but people are easily hooked with offers of good deals, and common sense goes out the window. I can't be responsible for any of that, and as a free service if I am to be some kind of 24/7 monitoring service..... kiss the Classifieds goodbye.

I appreciate the suggestion, truly, but I think we just had a couple isolated incidents. There were no issues here for years and I am sure this will pass. The scammers do get the message that there are easier forums etc. to go after than mine.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1