Equinox Goes On Sale In Europe Dec. 17th

Ridge Runner

My local dealer here in Australia sent out a newsletter saying they will be taking pre-orders very soon for the Equinox & delivery will be in the first half of 2018. That's a pretty broad time frame so they should meet it :laugh:

I know a dealer who I gave a verbal order to months ago.  I went on to Bill's website a month ago and they were taking deposits.  He told me I didn't need to pre-order as I would be one of the first but I gave him my deposit anyway.  Will any of that help me get an Equinox sooner?  I don't know.  I just know I need a replacement for my SE Pro.

It will be good to get in a pre-order with a dealer because it is said that the pre-orders will be filled first.  Who knows what that means.  By some accounts this detector has a 'pent up' demand that will take it much longer than the time needed for the 7000.  If they have made it simple and things are ready to go in Malaysia (or where ever) then world logistics will be at play delivering an adequate number to each continent.

Mitchel

Guest TreasureGuy

I would be interested to see the pre sales order figures for each major country..  The Equinox's price tag is not as heavy as the 3030, so in regards to the first main production run, I would imagine they're pretty busy right now..

I've paid in full for my EQ already.. so come on ML .. I got fields to dig..

2 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

I know a dealer who I gave a verbal order to months ago.  I went on to Bill's website a month ago and they were taking deposits.  He told me I didn't need to pre-order as I would be one of the first but I gave him my deposit anyway.  Will any of that help me get an Equinox sooner?  I don't know.  I just know I need a replacement for my SE Pro.

It will be good to get in a pre-order with a dealer because it is said that the pre-orders will be filled first.  Who knows what that means.  By some accounts this detector has a 'pent up' demand that will take it much longer than the time needed for the 7000.  If they have made it simple and things are ready to go in Malaysia (or where ever) then world logistics will be at play delivering an adequate number to each continent.

Mitchel

Mitchel, how did you like your SE?

Cabo Chris,

I used the Explorer SE Pro for a couple of years before I got a 3030.  There were always some things it could do better but most of it was about the same.  The main thing it did better was ignore a certain spot I have that gives the 3030 fits for EMR.  I can't use the 3030 in that 100 yard stretch.

I didn't like the screen as much as the 3030 and I didn't like that it was not water resistant (the reason why it would cost me $500 to fix) so on to the Equinox!  (I might buy another SE Pro after the Equinox is out and everyone is selling it.)

I've found lots of stuff on the beaches with both.  It will take a few years for the Equinox to catch up if it ever will.

Mitchel