Hey, White's Hq; TDI Pro Still Has A Market?

GB_Amateur

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Whites-TDI-Pro-Pulsescan-metal-detector-with-12-waterproof-spider-coil/302555482387?hash=item4671b64913:g:7goAAOSwDfJaJGPg

$1500 for the standard(?) package.  I think that is what the last full retail price was before they were discontinued.  To be fair, sometimes (often?) Ebay auctions turn into grudge-match ego infused bidding wars.  (This happens in face-to-face auctions, too.)  My rule-of-thumb is to use the 3rd highest bidder's final bid to determine value in highly contested auctions.  That price here is $1255.55.

I guess White's just wasn't selling enough of these or they wouldn't have ended production.  The TDI-Pro certainly has its diehard followers/supporters/users, but I guess you could say that about most decent products.

• Like 1

White’s came out with the TDI SL and it’s underpowered. I think after that White’s didn’t want to go beyond that in the nugget hunting department with a PI .

Chuck

Steve

You said a mouth full when you said that!

It’s like wishing in one hand and spitting in the other. We all know what hand is running over.

I am a long time lover of White’s detectors but another company stepped up and gives you what you want you go with them.

Why go on I’ve been down this road before .

Chuck

The TDI SL can match the Pro if you add the power to the input side of things and fit it with a good coil,

Before I bought my TDI Pro I asked if they were going to phase them out and the answer was "NO" and in less than 6 months they were gone, Kinda ***** me off when people aren't straight with me, It is a shame because it was a good all rounder and only leaves the GPX 4500 as a good starter kit for anyone who wants a do it all PI that is serious about prospecting,

Loosing the TDI Pro has left a gap in the market, and a bitter taste in my mouth.

Detectors are not worth bitterness and anger John - don’t worry, be happy! :smile:

I prefer the audio response of the TDI Pro over a power boosted TDI SL. The TDI SL has weird overload responses. I just never considered the SL to be an improvement in any way except being lighter and less expensive. I would rather have seen an improved TDI Pro and TDI SL seemed a step backwards to me except for being lighter and less expensive. Boosting power on the TDI SL does not seem to produce a machine as good as a TDI Pro was. In my opinion.

• Like 2

Amen to that Steve,

Detectors have not really gone forward more like they have side stepped for the last 5 years or so and it has become impossible to be brand loyal,

I would like to suggest to the OP to re-read your Nugget Detector recommendations section from top to bottom and then read it again,

J.

This is a White’s forum so please keep the discussion to White’s machines. The Metal Detector Advice & Comparisons Forum is the appropriate place for brand comparisons.

With all due respect to your comment John my hope is for White’s to get back to the program of building more powerful and competitive detectors. Anyone who is not pushing the leading edge of the technology will eventually be left behind.

• Like 2