F19 Verses Minelab 705 With High Freq Coil

I've wondered for years about how the F19 would compare to the Minelab 705 with the high frequency coil?

Love to read anything on this topic.

Thanks.

:smile:

I found the First Texas 19 kHz models and the X-Terra 705 to be near identical in their respective all metal Prospecting modes. Both are a little weak on silver coins compared to top coin detectors. Great on mid to low conductors. The X-Terra 705 by comparison to the F19 is a feature rich detector especially as regards tone and notching options.

9 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I found the First Texas 19 kHz models and the X-Terra 705 to be near identical in their respective all metal Prospecting modes. Both are a little weak on silver coins compared to top coin detectors. Great on mid to low conductors. The X-Terra 705 by comparison to the F19 is a feature rich detector especially as regards tone and notching options.

I have always been drawn to the tones of the Minelab machines.  I loved my Etrac, but it became to heavy for the long hunts so I had to part with it.  Hope the Equinox has similar tone capabilities.  :laugh:

11 hours ago, Mark Gillespie said:

I have always been drawn to the tones of the Minelab machines.  I loved my Etrac, but it became to heavy for the long hunts so I had to part with it.  Hope the Equinox has similar tone capabilities.  :laugh:

Going by the tones i heard on Youtube the Equinox has similar tones to the Terra 705 . 

As for the Terra 705 , that depends if you detect land , dry beach or wet beach ? 

I used the 705 for over 6 years till early this year , i know that something was coming a couple of years ago but didn't know when . 

But the 705 for me was a very good machine , i didn't use it on land sites . I found it a bit weak for that and the ET or Explorer is much better for relic hunting .

But on the dry beach looking for coinage or rings it is a very good machine , since January 2011 i have had 14 Gold and many Silver rings and close to 5 figures in coinage with the 705 . I think its because its a good machine in air test and beaches on the dry tend to be airy , i search stony and some sandy beaches .

Never used the F19 but that is a high frequency machine which the 705 is not unless buying the 18 khz coil , i stayed with the 7.5 khz.

• Like 1